1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mosky Golden Horse, clone of the Klon Centaur

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vjhn, Jul 3, 2018.

1. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds pretty shady, eh?

2. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Yes, neither the seller nor ebay's "strict rules" shed any light to why the pedal was removed.
    they're not allowed to sell too cheap? what are the strict rules?

just cryptic short messages and no explaination. what a mess.:mad:

3. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

This pedal is great for punishing the front end of a Blues Cube. Gain very low, vol high, treble around 11 o'clock.

vjhn likes this.
  4. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

I got the same message from the Ebay seller, he was trying to ask me whether I wanted a refund or him to ship the pedal. I told him to ship it, and then I am gonna ask for the tracking nr, and if he cannot prove valid tracking nr I am gonna ask paypal to refund my money.

Alamo likes this.
  5. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

Has anyone tried any of Mosky's multi-effect pedals? They look so cool so I just ordered the Tone Bus, Red Fox, threw in a Mosky Amp, and of course a Golden Horse to boot.

I can't find any demo videos on the Red Fox, but there is a youtube video demoing the Tone Bus. The effects on it are also available in mini pedal format and I've found some sound clips on them. What I heard on youtube regarding the Tone Bus sounded great to me.

The loop switch on the Red Fox is a brilliant idea, so you can add your own modulating effects where they need to be. Those red knobs have got to go though. All of them together in a bunch gives me trypophobia or something.

Mosky also has a multi-effect pedal called the "Tone Makestation" that has a cabinet-simulating overdrive. Silly name. The overdrive on it sounds terrible to me... too fizzy.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  6. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

I got the DTC, impressed, but I am going to sell it. I did not like that they put the overdriver after the distortion

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  7. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

I understand. The DTC and Makestation seem to be better stand-alone boxes and don’t really seem to fit with the other two. The Tone Bus and Red Fox seem made for eachother... the Tone Bus followed by the Red Fox... So first up I plan to put the Mosky Amp (a MXR micro amp clone) followed by the Tone Bus where you have a MXR Dyna Comp clone, followed by a Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer clone, and then the OCD clone... suited for stacking together if desired. On the clips I've heard of this device each OD seems relatively quiet on its own, but the two together sounds pretty noisy. Then chain out of that to whatever other dirt pedals you want... for me the MXR script Distortion+ and then Golden Horse. The Red Fox follows with a Timmy OD clone, and a loop for running the modulation pedals of your choice, Boss CE-2 chorus clone, and lastly an echo. I can’t wait to try it! I should add that I paid around $150 for the Mosky Tone Bus, Red Fox, Amp, and their buffer pedal. So that works out to only about $17 “per effect”.

vjhn likes this.
  8. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Sound like a good plan, will you make a review of how the two multieffects work together? :)

9. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

Will do! I was just thinking with the DTC, Red Fox, etc the order of effects of the units could easily be changed by resoldering a couple of wires inside, because the individual effects are most likely just daisy-chained together. I’ll bet that if you didn’t like one of the included effects you could even replace that circuitry with a pedal you did like. I also noticed that the delay specs on the Red Fox doesn’t match the specs of their stand-alone mini pedal. That’s curious.

vjhn likes this.
  10. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

My solderings skills are sadly strongly limited... When and where did you order them from? :)

11. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

I got them all on Ebay. I haven't seen the interior of these yet, but it should be very easy to do. Just re-route 3 wires and you're done. There's an input and output wire that's connecting one footswitch to the next. kind of like this:

(from guitar) _______ +□- _______ +□- _______ +□- _______ +□- _______ (to amp)

Each '□' is the footswitch of A, B, C, and D respectively.

There's other wires on the switches leading to and from the effect circuit that you don't need to touch. When the unit is upside down and the back opened, A and B are the distortion and OD, respectively. To switch the order of distortion and OD, It's just a matter of re-routing the wire going to the '+' lead of A (the one that comes from the guitar input jack) to the '+' wire of B, the '-' wire of B to the '+' wire of A, and the '-' wire of A to the '+' wire of C.

vjhn likes this.
  12. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

I opted out for the Silver Horse and got my refund. found a Joyo Sweet Baby overdrive on local classified pages for about the same money. Ilike the Sweet Baby ...a lot.
    still have my Golden Horse and I'm still not sure if it's a keeper. time will tell.

vjhn likes this.
  13. El Tele Lobo

Did anyone go ahead and order the silver horse?

14. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

I did. Wanting for it.

vjhn and El Tele Lobo like this.
  15. El Tele Lobo

Awesome. Can't wait to hear what you think of it...and maybe a demo?

vjhn likes this.
  16. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Maybe. We'll see when it gets here if I find the time for it.

vjhn and El Tele Lobo like this.
  17. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Dumb question, but does that work, or would we only have switched the order of the foot switches?

18. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

I'm not sure what you are expecting... You said with the DTC that you didn't like that they put the overdriver after the distortion... my solution was to switch them around so the distortion is before the OD. Is that not what you wanted?

19. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Not sure I understand (english not my first language). But what I meant is that I would like to be able to use the OD to boost the distortion

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  20. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

If you do the mod that I suggested, it should work the way you want. Without seeing the internal components, I have no idea how confusing/complicated the operation will be though. In theory it's very simple.

vjhn likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.