More Linda, More Clydie, More Sherlie

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I saw her somewhere but can't for the life of me remember where. Might have been the NY State Fair years ago. She was very good and ....mmmmm.....pretty. Yeah that's it!

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
David Lee Roth needs to listen to this and apologize
true, but lots of people prefer Betty Everett's version to Lindas.

I do know that what made Costner pick "I will always love you" for The bodyguard was linda's version not Dolly's... he lies about it now, but he loved linda's version first and best.... people are funny about the stuff they lie about.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
true, but lots of people prefer Betty Everett's version to Lindas.

I do know that what made Costner pick "I will always love you" for The bodyguard was linda's version not Dolly's... he lies about it now, but he loved linda's version first and best.... people are funny about the stuff they lie about.

It's really a pity that we outlive our best years. Linda was my favorite female singer, period! Besides all that, she was singing that song to ME, though she herself might not have known it, I DID!

Though many will say no, there was something really magical about that time period. We were like Don Quixote, we might not have had dragons upon the land to do battle with, but we worked with what we had. I have NEVER felt more capable, stronger, or been as sure of my heading, as when I was sailing that time period with Linda. Linda was like the background music to a living play that we were the star of.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Jose Feliciano's introduction is very confusing, when he says LR is a country artist, but he has no problem with country music...then Linda launches into "You're no good".
my sister's first job after high school was working at Jose's studio. He is an interesting dude. Very...... confusing.

Love'em though.

this is the so cal of my memory.... going up the 101 up the valley...

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

Gotta love the band... Skunk goofin' on the congas, Ritchie Hayward on drums, Kenny Edwards (from the stone poneys) on bass, Andrew Gold on his favorite black strat.

Zac Childs of Ask Zac on YouTube notes that this live version was recorded before the tracks for YNG were finalized.
Fun version, with Skunk and Richie.
All they artists on this are/were brilliant.
RIP Clydie, Kenny, Andrew and Richie.

Last edited: