Mooer Tender vs Pure octaver? What's the difference

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Itsdylaniii, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Itsdylaniii

Itsdylaniii TDPRI Member

I've heard a lot about these 2 pedals being good cheap POG clones, but hardly anything about them compared to each other. The Pure has more options with the mode wheel but I've heard the tracking isnt on par with the Tender, I'd like to know how dramatically so?. Also, how useful are the mode settings on the pure over the more standard POG clone controls that you get in the tender? Which one is the right choice for me if I'm looking for sonic versatility? And how important will tracking be after its run through some decently heavy fuzz and distortion?

Just any info from someone who has had experience with 1 or both would be fantastic. Thank you.

2. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

I think the pure is more of a boss oc-2 or 3 clone. Not sure if the tender is a true POG clone or not, but a real POG isn't especially finicky with tracking or placement in a chain. I've been running a micro POG for years and have never once experienced tracking issues no matter what I had running into it or where I placed it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.