Mooer Mini Preamp #014 Taxidea Taxus ,Faux Suhr Badger

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Holic

My little preamp is turning out to be a wonderful sounding mini marvel
    The Dreaded swarm of buzzing yellow jackets zzzzzzzzzz edge is not there at all, a smooth gourmet grind , think JCM 800. The clean tones are a rich resilient punctual affair, money well spent for the tones delivered.

gkterry likes this.
  2. navigate40

navigate40 Tele-Meister

I have the Mooer 006 Fender like preamp. It is amazing. They got it just right. I also have an IR loader pedal that has Fender amp IR's....not nearly as good.

It has an interesting feature...apparently, it is actually TWO amp sims. The second one is a Marshal (I think) and does distortion. Great controls, including 3 band eq.

If I were to play out through a PA, I would not bring an amp...I would just use this.

3. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

Hi, does the Mooer 006 have a good clean headroom ?, i'm interested in that model, also what is the IR loader pedal with the Fender amp that you have ?
    Thanks a lot....

4. navigate40

navigate40 Tele-Meister

Hello - hope this is not a hijack, but...for info.

I think the Mooer 006 does have good clean headroom...but...have not really pushed it.

The IR loader I have is the NUX Mini Studio. It works well and is easy to load new IR's. Less expensive than the Mooer Radar, but only 8 slots. And I think the Mooer has more settings that can be changed....not sure.

5. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

Ok thanks a lot, i was about to buy the Solid Studio as well but the big one, i like the fact that it's got the power amp sim and the xlr out, also the mini sounds good from the videos though.
    Thanks....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.