Mooer Blue Faze: noise gate??

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Jupiter, Dec 28, 2013.

1. cowboy rob61

cowboy rob61 Tele-Meister

I've got the same issue with a blue faze I've just bought second hand. As soon as the signal drops ever so slightly it cuts out, really gated.

2. Stratomir

Stratomir NEW MEMBER!

Hello, same problem here, level of the fuzz is to low so sustain cuts off immediately instead go slowly to fade out.
    Are somebody try to swap another transistors maybe to solve the problem?
    Regards!

3. allesz

allesz Tele-Holic

Hallo, since the board Is out of the enclosure, try connecting It and play a little bit: I have had a mooer (ocd clone? Can't tell atm) that grave a similar problem; turned out It was one of the jacks making false contact ONLY when the effect was boxed.
    I think I solved the problem adding a washer to the darn jack...

Stratomir likes this.
  4. Stratomir

Stratomir NEW MEMBER!

Thank you for replay but problem was with low level of fuzz and short sustain.
    I swapped another transistors today with a higher value, on existing ones was written "Motorola" with some value that multimeter reads about 900 "something" (don't ask me what was the value of because my friend electrician did it [​IMG] ), on new transistiors (actually they are old about 40 years) was value 4000, so yes, the fuzz effect is much stronger now with very long sustain, and it cleans up beatifully [​IMG].
    The verdict is that a pedal is very mod friendly and for a 30$ the risk of failure is extremely low.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.