1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Monthly muchxs check in

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by brbadg, May 13, 2017.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

"sure, I understand that point."
    I've my doubts :p

This thread reveals a lot more about people other than muchxs, than it reveals about him

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    AJ Love, tap4154, xafinity and 2 others like this.
  2. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Well my faith in humanity has been completely restored.

The OP has his amp, so the problem has been eliminated.

I think bparnell57 has been instrumental and deserves a big thank you from the OP and muchx.
    He save ones amp, and another's reputation. Good job!

Now OP let's hear you play the little living $h*t of of it,
    Or at least tell us about it.

Piotr likes this.
  3. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Yay.

@bparnell57 is the man! Glad amp finally made it to buyer. Enjoy in good health.

So all's well that ends...

4. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice, @brbadg ! That speaker looks fantastic. Now how about some sound checks?!

Staypuft1652 likes this.
  5. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Congrats, brbadg - so glad it finally arrived!

I have a very similar speaker in the 5E3 Eric built for me. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

6. teleon

teleon Tele-Afflicted

Yes.
    muchxs, Wally, B.Parnell,That K. guy with the tweeds. I love to try and understand their knowledge. muchxs is not crooked. Those casting shade on his lawn should take a look at their own. I also have a few boxes of NOS resistors and Caps that a guy from the landfill saved for me, they came from a Radar Station here in the hills of Nevada.I PM'd much and told him I would send them his way about 6 months ago. Too bad my Dad had a stroke, my dog of 15 years died, and , much to my shame, I said flux it for awhile. I am going to get those out to him. muchxs is a man of his word.

boredguy6060 likes this.
  7. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

All the "faith in humanity restored" stuff aside...over 2 years to get an amp back?

I certainly wouldn't be suddenly anxious to send my amps to the guy. Internet's a funny place.

Big_Bend, MilwMark and MRey like this.
  8. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's

The Emperor's clothes are so glorious.
    Not a stitch missing or a button out of place.
    ALL HAIL THE EMPEROR!

bparnell57 and MRey like this.
  9. teleon

teleon Tele-Afflicted

So don't order an amp, The internet is a ridiculous place. Folks should read his posts and decide whatever they want to. He contributed much to this forum, unlike some smart ass want to pick a fight shadow lurking voids.

boredguy6060 and brbadg like this.
  10. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Afflicted

This was a custom build order.I did not send an amp for repair.

11. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's

I honestly don't think this thread got out of hand, and I'm glad for that and the results. Hopefully brbadg ends up liking the amp and doesn't feel tainted by the experience enough to let that get in the way of enjoying the amp.

The real fact of the matter (as I see it) is that nobody accused Muchxs of being crooked or trying to rip somebody off, but what we'll never know...and probably shouldn't...is if the amp would have been delivered, or when, had this thread not been brought into the open.

The responsibility falls on both ends to communicate and it seems to me that once it got this far that Eric should have stepped in (off the forum) and been more communicative with brbadg over these last couple of weeks instead of using a moderator even if that's not how he normally operates.

I missed the thread that caused him to leave, but bad blood between he and the TDPRI shouldn't have stopped him from at least checking PMs over here until he knew all remaining customers from here had been taken care of.

I'm happy that brbadg got his amp and anybody else can form their opinions about doing business with Muchxs partly based on this thread and also because it now leads potential customers to the only place I'm aware of to contact him.

Big_Bend, King Fan, Mr BC and 5 others like this.
  12. flyingbanana

Thanks for the clarity, but you still ordered, paid and waited 2 years. Reminds of another amp guy in northern California who was ignoring at the minimum, 5 or 6 people who had sent amps in for one thing or another. People claimed they couldn't get a hold of him...yada yada.

I think people are wusses. I looked for the guy, found him on Facebook alive as day, getting ready for a cross country trip in a new motorhome. Found his cell number that he posted himself in one of his trip updates.

Cmon people...stop assuming there's a sad story of poor health behind every amp guy issue. Some people don't care that they still have your amp. Apparently.

13. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

2 years.. Richard Sachs is a guy you send a non refundable deposit for a custom bicycle frame like no other. The queue is 6-7 years before he calls you and you send the lions share of the build coin or get bumped outta the queue and the next guy gets called.

Not 'very' analogous as paying in full years prior.. But I think he stopped taking deposits due to age and wanting to stop before he passes or something.

Not one story of getting ripped off in the 20 years i have drooled over the prospect of sending a deposit...

Sometimes the duck is a turtle...

14. Electric Mud

Electric Mud Tele-Holic

It only takes 9 months to make a human.

theprofessor and MilwMark like this.
  15. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

But alas, no man on earth can do it.

16. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

Hey @brbadg - I'm not trying to get you to say, "It was absolutely worth the wait!" or something like that (unless that is indeed your outlook). However, I'd like to know: Does the amp sound good? Is it what you wanted, lo those many days ago when you ordered it?

17. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

Incidentally, where do you send your amps? Since you're in Socal, I'd like to know, cuz I need to and the one guy I've been told to send it to will take waaaaaay too long.

flyingbanana likes this.
  18. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

Congrats and Happy NAD.

Nice to see a guy (@bparnell57) sticking up for a friend.

People have different expectations of small business models.

Those are my 3 takeaways from this long and sometimes tortured thread.

19. flyingbanana

PM sent.

20. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

My guess is he wasn't feeling the love here, so he took his talents elsewhere, and those who want to, can follow him over there. Our loss, IMO

teleon, brbadg and boredguy6060 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.