1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Monthly muchxs check in

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by brbadg, May 13, 2017.

1. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Afflicted

Just wondering who is waiting for an amp from him? I noticed he has gone off the grid,
    and it's a bit worrysome.At this point,one more message from me seems futile.I have been patient up to this point,realizing the nature of my request.Hell,I'd even take a partial refund just to settle it and move on.

2. Ed Storer

Ed Storer Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I haven't seen a post from him in about 6 months. I know he had some health problems last year. I hope that's not the case.

3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

He's online just not here so much, try that gear page place.

4. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

I've been waiting for this thread to appear, with much apprehension. But unfortunately I knew it would probably show up someday.

I've twice done business with muchxs. In January 2014 he did a fantastic job hotrodding my 69 silverface princeton reverb. Last year in June 2016 I sent Eric my 1966 Super Reverb Chasis for him to go over everything and make sure this legendary amp was at its optimal best. I was expecting to get my Super Reverb back in 2 to 3 months. It ended up taking 5. During that time, Eric told me via several phone conversations that he was having very difficult situations in several areas of his life. He had long ago cashed my $500 Super Reverb fee check, and I was wondering when I was ever going to get my amp back.

Fortunately for me, in November last year, Eric finally shipped my amp back to me, and he did a wonderful job fixing it up, truly sounds amazing. But I was -very- worried about everybody else in line behind me with their orders. In December last year, TDPRI the administrator locked the muchxs amp owners appreciation thread, and Eric hasn't posted here at TDPRI since.

Sorry Eric.. I hope you can pull things around.. good luck everybody else with your orders and all.

Take care...

5. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I hope all works out well for everyone involved.
    Eric modded my champ,and it's killer. We carried on several great phone conversations to boot.

6. dan40

dan40 Tele-Afflicted

I have also seen a few post over at "TGP" from muchxs in the past few months.

7. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Why was the appreciation page shut down? Or is that not for public disclosure?

bparnell57 likes this.
  8. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

That's a shame. I hope he's able to get everything squared away. I sincerely appreciated his advice and insight, and would've looked to him first when next I needed someone to look over the old Vibrolux I inherited from my grandfather.

OlRedNeckHippy and brbadg like this.
  9. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just don't understand how it became a thing that folks send a bulky item like an amp (or even a chassis) to a stranger for routine service. Any major city will have several qualified techs you can talk to in person, know the direct reputation of, and go find their shop/house, shake their hand and pick up the amp in person, listening to it when you do. Most non-major cities are within a 2 hour or so drive to a major city. And I've never had a good tech require more than 2 week at the outside to do the service. Or cost more than $100 in service.

10. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What's even scarier is how many times I've seen small, independent pedal and amp builders develop a loyal online following, resulting in them getting tons of business, and then for some reason or another the service side of things completely falls apart and customers get left hanging. Many have been screwed out of sizable deposits, and many have sent amps in and not gotten them back. It's even worse when in the midst of this those builders continue actively pursuing additional customers through other online sites after being outed on the ones where they first developed a good reputation.

11. PumpJockey

PumpJockey Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Good, cheap, quick: pick two. Eric built me two amps: great amps, price was good, took quite a while, but he felt bad about that and drove it down here rather than ship. I'm a satisfied customer.

bparnell57, BobbyZ and brbadg like this.
  12. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Afflicted

Yep,I bought 2. Got them in a reasonable amount of time too.
    I saw no reason not to go for a third.

bparnell57 likes this.
  13. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Me, too. I completely agree.

MilwMark likes this.
  14. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Afflicted

He's not so much a ''tech'' as he is a modifier.
    You'd have to follow along with the threads to see the full story.

telemnemonics and FenderLover like this.
  15. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I'll put in a good word for Eric, although I have had no recent contact with him. It was a little unusual to do an amp deal with someone who other than TDPRI seemed to have no commercial presence whatsoever, but based on the preponderance of satisfactory reports, I went ahead. Our deal involved a trade as well, so he may have had somewhat more motivation in this transaction than may be the case with the repair of a customer's amp.

He agreed to build a Tweed Champ for me back in mid-November, and by mid-December it was completed and he personally delivered it to me in western Massachusetts where I was visiting. This was despite inhospitably cold weather at the time. He demoed the amp's build quality by standing on it, and he joined in our family festivities. The amp has been wonderful, with CTS-built Motorola-labled speaker, and perfectly reliable.

I have been surprised to see no posts from him since then. I didn't know the MUCHXS Amp Owner's thread had been dropped until reading it above. I know there was some kind of dust-up with a poster/troll who had an issue with an amp, but I don't see that complainer's posts any longer either.

I hope Eric is not dealing with any health issues. I enjoyed his posts, even before acquiring one of his amps. I hope to see him back here again.

telemnemonics and bparnell57 like this.
  16. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

Agree,

What has happened in the past doesnt mean too much for those who have given money
    for product and havent gotten anything in return and things are past the promised date.

It is very simple, dont take on the job unless you can fulfill the promise. If you cant,
    refund the money immediately.

That is directed at no one in particular, but to anyone who does business via a forum.

17. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

So sorry to hear this.....!
    Very helpful , extremely funny , and as far as I have seen , many cool builds delivered to members
    I wasnt aware about any controversy , I really hope he is ok....

bparnell57 and brbadg like this.
  18. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Irrespective of anything else, Muchxs was a great added value to this forum.

19. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

True Dat 100%!

People can start out with good intentions, doing something they love, hoping to make the world a better place. But they can't cash the checks and then not deliver...

gwjensen likes this.
  20. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Friend of Leo's

I've really come close to pulling the trigger on a Morpheus a couple of times due to the praise Much gets on this page. We even messaged back and forth and he seems like a great guy. Then a post like this will come up and cause me to reconsider. I hope all is well with him but for my peace of mind I will just have to pay more and go with someone who delivers in a more timely manner.

brbadg likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.