Monkeys Loose in Danville PA

rand z

Friend of Leo's
The lab monkey's are $$$$$.

Around 30K each.

According to my step daughter (Phd) who works in a university lab.

(Btw, I was born in Danville, PA.)

imo.

Pierce

Tele-Holic
This is such a wonderfully local response. I have to agree, Scott at Schoolhouse is a great guy, and I love stopping by to see what he has. I picked up a homemade looking resonator with a Tele body from him a while back. Now I’m wishing that I still had it.

I go back to when he WAS in the little school house, his other brother with the sportscar shop next door

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
a guy on facebook has been linking a baby macaque doing things people do...which lead to other macaque videos

ill tell you this..adult macaques are nasty things...all they do is eat...very shellfish to their babies

the babies are mega demanding

if they are used in a lab with giving them food constantly to distract them...they must be a handful to deal with

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Those were chimps...apes. Those loose in Danville were monkeys, which are not classified as apes. Monkeys have tails....apes don't. Both are primates, but if the primate you’re trying to identify is not a human, gibbon, chimpanzee, bonobo, orangutan, or gorilla (or a lemur, loris, or tarsier), then it’s a monkey.

Who you callin a monkey? Ah, oh, never mind.

EDIT: Actually, I recently read Yuval Hariri's Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, and it got me thinking. Homo Sapiens have been around for how long? Maybe as long as 300,000 years, at the outside. "Behaviour modernity" evolved around 50,000 - 65,000 years ago. On the other hand, our cousins Homo Erectus had a run of about 2 million years. What are the odds that Sapiens will survive that long?

Back to the monkey chase!

Last edited:

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Who you callin a monkey? Ah, oh, never mind.

EDIT: Actually, I recently read Yuval Hariri's Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, and it got me thinking. Homo Sapiens have been around for how long? Maybe as long as 300,000 years, at the outside. "Behaviour modernity" evolved around 50,000 - 65,000 years ago. On the other hand, our cousins Homo Erectus had a run of about 2 million years. What are the odds that Sapiens will survive that long?

Back to the monkey chase!
At the rate we're going , the odds aren't good.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I read that as .. and a third ran into a antique place in Danville/Bloomsburg

thought you were talking about the escaped critters...:lol:

a monkey in a china shop would be near as bad as a bull in a china shop, I guess... ;)