Monkeys Loose in Danville PA

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Wow. I sure hope none of the little guys were hurt in the crash! Hopefully they'll find the other 3... if they haven't then hopefully the little buggers found some warmth somewhere, otherwise they're probably statues now. Good luck lil guys!

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
There is a primate research center not far from me, run by Tulane University. On one occasion that I know of, some primates did escape.

Can monkeys and apes swim? It's on the other side of a river from us. If not, we would be safe from primate infestation.

NEPATelecaster

Tele-Afflicted
I live in NEPA and my wife and kids and i saw this last night and couldnt stop laughing at the initial headline. Im watching the story on the news right now.

I guess 2 of the 4 monkeys that escaped were shot and put down. 1 captured . 1 still on the loose.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Most of the stories I have seen seemed to try to put a good (or humorous) spin on this...
Fact is, they were essentially destined to be "lab rats" and being terminated after the accident/escape may be a merciful ending to their story.
I hope the lab work is essential and important. Or wish maybe.

monkeybanana

Tele-Afflicted
I live in NEPA and my wife and kids and i saw this last night and couldnt stop laughing at the initial headline. Im watching the story on the news right now.

I guess 2 of the 4 monkeys that escaped were shot and put down. 1 captured . 1 still on the loose.

Wait they had to kill them? Were they gorillas or something? WTH?

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
This reminds me of Gibraltar with macaques monkeys running everywhere but hanging out anyplace food is sold. We were on a family vacation and stopped for a snack. My wife swatted a monkey away. The monkey seemed to turn in mud air and landed in my future dil’s shoulder and made off with her ice cream. This seemed to happen faster than the eye could track. The monkeys aren’t dangerous but they aren’t nice.