Money Clips

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by P Thought, Dec 22, 2018.

1. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Afflicted

Maybe you just left it laying there in the counter.

2. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

image.jpg

Went Xmas shopping today so it's a little thin. I usually carry around $300. I do almost all my daily dealings in cash because I prefer that my purchases aren't traceable.

tery, Jimmy Owen and P Thought like this.
  3. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

By the way, you lost a money clip full of cash? I found your clip!:D

P Thought likes this.
  4. Danocoustic

Danocoustic Tele-Meister

Military surplus 1st aid pouch containing:

drivers license
    VA ID card
    ATM card
    health plan card
    small amount of cash (currently $25)
    spare truck door/house door keys

Left front overalls pocket, along with key ring (3 keys) and folding knife/flashlight clipped on.

Right front pocket holds Kimber Micro9. Two mags left rear pocket.

Specs, notebook, pen and ancient flip phone in top bib pockets.

Works for me.

tery and P Thought like this.
  5. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

In my 70 years of life I have never seen a money clip let alone used one.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

I used to have one but it was always empty so I ditched it. :p

For me debit cards are actually a more effective way to budget, track, and control spending.

notmyusualuserid likes this.
  7. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That's true for me, too, for the most part. But I've resisted going to direct deposit. I like to get my check in my hands, take it to the bank, and keep a little cash back each month so I can touch it, smell it, see it, and feel like I have real money, even though I know the real money is churning around in the internet. When I keep C-notes out, I often have to put them back in to make the month, but sometimes I'm able to accumulate a few.

The money clip's for smaller bills, and usually contains $20-60.

I do like being able to call up my account on the laptop screen whenever I want, and see what's going on, pay my bills (I don't like autopay either), shuffle stuff around. I think that ability has been a help to me; for the first time in my life I have money in a "share" account, what I would call "savings". Part of that is due also to having fewer kids in the house, and having some things paid off that weren't before.

By the way, @3fngrs, my old business partner (RIP) taught me something about money clips: if you clip the money from the top or bottom, you can tell when your wife's been into it, because she'll clip it on the fold the way you have it in the picture. I dig your clip.

3fngrs and soulman969 like this.
  8. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

My gal wouldn't get in my money without asking unless it was an emergency. Even then, she'd tell me as soon as possible. Come to think of it, most of the women I've had over the years wouldn't have stole from me except possible my first ex-wife.

I'm glad you like that money clip. Thank you for saying do. I've had it for about two years and I really like. I had to keep gluing the decoration on my old one and it kept stretching. I paid a few bucks for this one and it solved both problems.

P Thought likes this.
  9. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I recall back when I worked for the City of Oakland CA, I would always go to the bank and get the whole check paid in cash. I liked that feeling!My wife thought I was crazy and that it was dangerous - being that we were in Oakland CA after all! - but nothing bad ever happened.

We live in Holland now. Nobody uses cash. The bank charges a fee to deposit cash into your own account. The major grocery chain only has 2 "cashiers", and they will gripe if they have to make change for you. It's weird!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    P Thought likes this.
  10. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I’ve been using a Col Littleton pocket wallet for many years now. Google it as I’m on my tablet & it acts up with my spelling issues
    I gave up money clips when I got this. USA made, super quality. With 2 compartments
    I keep my cash & drivers license in the open side & cards in the other.

P Thought likes this.
  11. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

I don't like having my wallet in my back pocket, so I use one of these. Holds cash on one side and up to 6 credit cards/driver license/etc and doesn't take much room in the front pocket.
    [​IMG]

P Thought likes this.
  12. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I hope you American guys never travel to Madrid or Paris or any other major European city, with your overalls on and your super-duper chain wallets and all. The pickpockets over here will have a great big laugh, and they will rob you blind in the blink of an eye. I guarantee it!

P Thought and notmyusualuserid like this.
  13. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

I like carrying cash for backup. The wallet lives in the front right pocket. Never had it picked, never lost it.

brookdalebill and P Thought like this.
  14. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Found it!

Well, my wife did. It was under my dresser, hiding behind something or another. :oops: No money.

The money one's still missing, but this is the clip I really wanted back. My dad had given it to me some years ago, when he'd tried to board a plane and TSA disallowed it; it has a dinky little blade (which my dad kept very sharp) and a nail file in its sides. Since Dad died it's been a "comforter" for me, and I've missed having it in my pocket, money or not.

Wallo Tweed likes this.
  15. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think it's a real common item and you might not know what it is when you see one.

Never used one either that I can remember, may have used paper clips of various kinds a couple of times for some reason.

P Thought likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.