Momma's okay!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

On another thread I mentioned that momma took a fall, and I didn't even realize that she had fallen because she had gotten back on her feet so quickly. That was on a Saturday after we had played golf on Friday with out son. She thought she was doing better and insisted on playing golf on our regular golf day of Wednesday. I strongly advised her against doing so, but she insisted and played.

The next day she was hurting even more, and still wouldn't give in and go to the doctor. Knowing I would get nowhere just insisting she go to the doctor, I told her some horror stories about internal injuries. She finally decided to visit the doctor. He looked her over and we went to an x-ray facility and she got the works. Today the doctor's office called and said she did indeed have a fractured rib, but that everything was in place, and that there was nothing much they could do but to let it heal up. After my telling her horror stories about internal injuries, I got the heebee jeebies about her myself! I think she's gonna be okay if I can just keep her off the golf course. Thanks to those of you who expressed concern for her. She is still in good enough shape to order me around, so I think she's good to go.

PS:

We have already been to the store once today, bought some supplies, and a cache of water bottles. We are on a mission to Costco to buy more stuff. It's a good thing we have plenty of pantry space!

2. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Fractured ribs can be excruciatingly painful.
    Wish her my best.

Toto'sDad and Fendereedo like this.
  3. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

I'll keep you both in my prayers it sounds like you have a spunky hand full.

Toto'sDad and Fendereedo like this.
  4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I wish her all the best TD. I've had a few fractured ribs myself, and they are very painful. Resting up will help her considerably.

Toto'sDad, boredguy6060 and tah1962 like this.
  5. Steerforth

Steerforth Tele-Afflicted

Glad to hear that things turned out reasonably okay, TD. I hope the rib heals fast and she’s golfing in comfort again soon!

Trying to get Mrs. Steerforth (who ought to know better if anyone should), to get medical treatment is an exercise in frustration.

She doesn’t mind getting after me about all things medical, though. And she wields medical horror stories like a sword. I hate going to the doctor.

Toto'sDad and tah1962 like this.
  6. tah1962

tah1962 Tele-Afflicted

Well, it doesn’t sound as if she’s showing signs of slowing down if you’re out shopping today. Wishing her a speedy recovery. Take care.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

I know that you will take good care of momma TD .

Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Prayers.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Yup, i have fractured some ribs a few times. Finding a comfortable sleeping position was the toughest. Usually an extra pillow or the back of a couch worked for me. It takes months to heal and the sliding of the rib along the cartilage can be painful at times during the healing process. Once you feel good, it is very easy to separate the healing rib from the cartilage and you start over the healing process. If she could still golf, it is not too bad and/or she is one tough lady. Don't ask me how I know:oops:, but with my shirt off, there are numerous bumps from built up scar tissue along many ribs that are unavoidably seen.:eek:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Glad it's going to turn out well!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Lucky you conned her into visiting the doctors, bones heal in a couple months if not stressed. Sounds like everything will be fine if she takes it easy on that rib.

Tonetele, Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.
  12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

So glad it wasn't anymore serious. Prayers and best wishes. Mine had minor foot surgery Thursday and I'm chief cook and bottle washer this weekend.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

Hope she doesn’t have to sneeze or laugh. Those rib fractures can really hurt. Glad to hear she’s okay.

telemnemonics and Toto'sDad like this.
  14. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

First and foremost, I'm glad to hear the news wasn't any worse and, that she is on the mend in your capable hands.

I offer this advice: Wait a while before you 'Rib' her about her condition.
    No need to thank me.
    - ST

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

I had them the first time when I was sixteen from a car wreck. Had them several times when I was hauling heavy equipment for a living. They are quite painful. Hers were not bad enough to need taping up, so it must not be a big fracture. When I've had them, they had to tape me up usually four two inch wide strips from in front to around the offending ribs to the back. I think I had to take it off at night if I remember right. After doing that for a while the skin is abraded from the tape something fierce. I'm glad she's not going to have to do that.

16. Toto'sDad

Thank you.

17. Toto'sDad

:eek::lol:

18. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I’m glad y’all are (mostly) OK.
    I’m also glad you prevailed on your missus to go to the doc.
    Good on ya’!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

That's been the problem, that and getting in and out of bed, but she's learned to hold herself on the cracked rib side as she moves and that has helped.

20. Toto'sDad

I was getting antsy about her. She finally gave in, I don't know why she was resisting, she's had plenty of doctors work on her during her time. She's as tuff as Merles Tele though!

brookdalebill likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.