1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mom Has Passed.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tele-rain, Jan 5, 2011.

1. redstringuitar

redstringuitar Poster Extraordinaire

Your post had me in tears, tele-rain, it reminded me of my Dad's death from pancreatic cancer 5 years ago.

You're absolutely right, living with such terrible illness is no life at all and attempting to prolong life in such circumstances would not have benefited your Mom in any way.

It's far too soon yet, but that terrible sense of loss does ease with time and all the good memories will be there forever.

Lean on each other and on God, in full knowledge that, in spite of all the pain and suffering in this world, there is a time and place better beyond comparison.

Thoughts, prayers and peace be with all of you.

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

My sympathies go out to you and your family, Tele-Rain.

3. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

My condolences to you and your family.

Jamie

4. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Condolences. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

5. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

hello telerain, i am sorry to hear about your loss. brings me to mind, that my own mother is in a bad shape too and an experience like that will come to me sooner or later as well. thanks for sharing and i am glad that your mom found peace. eddie

6. zatoichi

zatoichi Tele-Holic

I understand your feeling the need to be strong, and to keep your grief private; but if there will ever be a time for you to receive the emotional support of others, it would be now. Friends and family are there to support you, and with your mother now at peace, it's time for you and your remaining family to grieve together and heal each other, forgive old hurts, and discover who you are as a family now, after this loss.

Living thru the loss of our parents gave my siblings and I a chance to be more than just 'early roommates' - my brother and I forged a friendship in the wake of Mom's passing, where there had only ever been anger & resentment. The three of us are stronger in ways none of us would have guessed.

Whether in private, or in supportive arms, I hope you will let the healing power of your tears flow. It feels like being tossed about on dark seas, with no sense of up or down, of appropriate or inappropriate, normal or not. This is completely natural. Peace will come, though it will take time. Don't push yourself, don't rush the process, and above all, don't judge yourself for how you feel...*however* you may feel at any moment. It will try your patience; it will test your faith; but this is how it is with us humans. We let it out, share the song of our pain and our loss and our sadness, and our hearts find ease and rest and a new normal.

All love is One Love. All loss is One Loss. All tears are One Tear. All songs are One Song.

Peace be unto you.

7. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

Very sorry to hear this T-Rain. I hope you and your family is doing well.

Much Love
    Monster

8. promagnum

promagnum Tele-Holic

I'm sorry about your loss. Prayers are sent.

9. zatoichi

zatoichi Tele-Holic

PS: remember to sleep, remember to eat, cry when the tears rise....

10. TJNY

TJNY Friend of Leo's

My condolences, Tele-rain.
    :(

11. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

I also offer condolences .

12. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Thoughts with you.

13. wylde4canes

wylde4canes Tele-Holic

words are meaningless, but all I can offer. My deepest condolences.

14. DMRoller

DMRoller Tele-Meister

So very sorry for your loss.

15. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

Condolences to you and your family.

16. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Tele-Rain, i knew when i didn't see you post for the last few days that it was about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I'm so glad that you came to the realization that it was all about your mom wishes. A good death is what hospice is all about. It only seems barbaric because as a society we've gotten used to depending upon technology to solve all of our problems. Tools can help but can never replace love expressed in a relationship.

And try not to worry about how other people think regarding your grief. Now that your mom is gone, it's all about you and your family. That's who the wake and funeral are for. So express yourself in a way that's right for you because now is the time. I like what Zatoichi said about working through your grief. To suppress it or avoid it just means problems later. And I believe such things are necessary for our own personal growth.

:)

17. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

My condolences. Remember, you have the right to grieve the way you need to grieve, just as much as everybody else has the right to the way they do. You do what you feel is right for you and remember the lady you have always loved.

18. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My sincere condolences. I went through a very similar situation with my Dad several years ago, and understand what you're going through. RIP.

19. GraspnAtStrings

GraspnAtStrings Tele-Meister

My condolences Tele-rain

20. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Wishing you strength in a difficult time...

You've posted a lot about your relationship with her here, and I know how much you took care of her. I can only imagine she's back to looking out for you now.

My best to you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.