Mod to a Dano

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Prophetsnake, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

So I am getting into this project now and am running into a few new things - which is nice.
    The circuit on this thing is simple enough, but it's a bit different from anything I've done before.
    Anyhow, I'm leaving the tremolo out altogether, and it seems to me that the coupling caps downstream of where it would have been injected are redundant. Of course, if I remove them and the two 390k resistors, then the value between the phase inverter and the output tubes changes. Would simply halving the value and installing only one do the trick? And would I leave the remaining two 390k at their original value?

I'd also welcome, any other observations on this circuit.

https://el34world.com/charts/Schematics/files/Danelectro/Dano_special.pdf

2. shortcircuit

shortcircuit Tele-Meister

With the tremolo circuit removed, and the second set of 390K resistors grounded, what you have there is a second order high pass filter with the -3dB frequency at 40Hz. Removing the extra 390K resistor and 0.01uF cap will not affect the roll-off frequency, only make the drop-off less steep.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.