MLB Part Deux

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Braves kinda played like it didn’t matter yesterday. And I suppose it doesn’t. This weekend we need to let the air out of the Mets. I say “we” because everyone likes Bravos to win it all again. You know you do.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
gonna be fun playoffs for sure. The Gigantes have a real second baseman and a closer. They have a couple of good starters and will keep one of them. After that, it is up in the air. I think the young catcher will be okay, so that is good.

I am going to root for Braves, Indians, Brewers, Cards in that order. An Atlanta or Milwaukee/ Cleveland world series would be super fun for me... we shall see!

I like the mets, I just don't think it will be this year.

I hope the Giants spend for the home area boy, Judge and for Trea Turner who I think along with Mookie are the two best baseball players playing. Having those two would go a long way to making me go 70 times next year!

KC

Poster Extraordinaire
all I'm saying is Let's Go, Mets! Killer starting pitching, best closer in the game this year, some super-solid (though unspectacular) hitting. I'm aware that these are the Mets and things happen to the Mets sometimes but they have been fun to watch this year. And I do hate the Braves.

If you follow this division, you'll know that playoff baseball started a while ago, and is only getting more intense. I love this time of year.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
gonna be fun playoffs for sure. The Gigantes have a real second baseman and a closer. They have a couple of good starters and will keep one of them. After that, it is up in the air. I think the young catcher will be okay, so that is good.

I am going to root for Braves, Indians, Brewers, Cards in that order. An Atlanta or Milwaukee/ Cleveland world series would be super fun for me... we shall see!

I hope the Giants spend for the home area boy, Judge and for Trea Turner who I think along with Mookie are the two best baseball players playing. Having those two would go a long way to making me go 70 times next year!

You can have Judge. I'm more concerned about keeping Turner. But given the Dodgers fat pocketbook, they might decide to take Judge, too.

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
Mets calling up their top prospect for the Atlanta series, he kills lefties. Glad that we're bringing out all of the big guns, biggest series of the year right here.

I expect the Mets to make a run for Judge but don't want to spend some $300 mil on an injury prone player who will likely break down over the years. Rather resign Nimmo.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm watching the Dodgers/Padres game and they just cut to the Angels game. Watched a 1/2 inning of Ohtani throwing a no no so far after 7. That's a shame for him and Trout to be on that team of low standing. Unless they are sold I look for the Angels to be mired in mediocrity next year. I enjoy looking at the crowd though. I worked less than a mile away from their stadium and many of my friends and coworkers go the games.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I'm a casual Cards fan, so I'm rooting for them first. Oddly enough, I'm pulling for the Yankees too, and I used to detest them (back when they won all the time haha) I'm a Judge fan, and would love to see him in the World Series.

So I'd like to see a Cards/NY world series. I'm really looking forward to this year's MLB post-season!

Chip

Friend of Leo's

Funny you should say you want to see Cleveland & Milwaukee.
These are the two hats I acquired at the beginning of the season….
DB2B7AAD-6F7F-495D-8281-1FFBD611CBC3.jpeg

I had to get the new Guardians hat at my first game this season and my wife had a business trip to Milwaukee at the start of the season and got me the Brewers hat.

(And it’s the Cleveland Guardians not Cleveland I-words)

Last edited:

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I think the Giants could go after him. Dodgers might bail on Bellinger this year and maybe Taylor so you never know there. Yanks will throw monuments at him for sure.

Freakin Giants on a run and not eliminated. Who stuck a pin in them three weeks ago? Me. They are threatening to go back over .500 which is a tribute to someone. Mets/Atlanta/Ian this weekend.
Hit .500 last night, 9 of their last 10 and still not mathematically eliminated. I think the Gyros need to win out and a Milwaukee 1-5 run the rest of the way. Keep hope alive I guess. I'm wearing my Bonds jersey to work today :)

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
View attachment 1034870
I had to get the new Guardians hat at my first game this season and my wife had a business trip to Milwaukee at the start of the season and got me the Brewers hat.

(And it’s the Cleveland Guardians not Cleveland I-word)
great hats! LOVE the C!

mark64

TDPRI Member
Judge will be a Yankee for life. The Yankees know they will have to make a long term bad deal for them but really have no choice. He is the best player in baseball when healthy, a class act and fan favorite. I think he will be the next captain. I am going to the game tonight and hope to see him hit #62!!!

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
View attachment 1034870

(And it’s the Cleveland Guardians not Cleveland I-words)
Yeah, these are great caps. I remember the first time someone pointed out the MB, it blew my little preteen mind. My only trip to Miller I bought the newer 'M' logo with the blade of wheat. If I have a "second" team, the Brewcrew are 100% it. Great park, great baseball town.

Unrelated, spotted earlier:

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Yeah, these are great caps. I remember the first time someone pointed out the MB, it blew my little preteen mind. My only trip to Miller I bought the newer 'M' logo with the blade of wheat. If I have a "second" team, the Brewcrew are 100% it. Great park, great baseball town.

Unrelated, spotted earlier:

Tom Seaver (the pride of fresno, ca) always claimed he gained his strength and power as a pitcher working in the raisin fields... from there... he got a scholarship to USC and the rest is history, but if Frank Gore was known for 'getting low' on runs in football, nobody got lower than Seaver as a pitcher....

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I am constantly amazed with technology. I don’t understand any of it. Thanks for posting.
There's a fair few cuts in there and great audio editing, I loved the "Let's play two" when they flew by the Ernie statue.

Hopefully every team will do one of these now.