MLB: How Is Your Team Doing?

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
After Joe Girardi got dismissed, the Phillies haven’t lost a a game under the new skipper, bench coach Rob Thomson. Is this an omen? I’m just flabbergasted!

They have won 7 games in a row, a record for 2022, for them! I follow baseball pretty closely, but I don’t know the details of what is going on with other teams. Give me an update on your team. I hope I didn’t jinx the Phillies by posting this thread.o_O I am somewhat superstitious.

Last edited:

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
After Joe Girardi got dismissed, the Phillies haven’t lost a a game under the new skipper, bench coach Rob Thomson. Is this an omen? I’m just flabbergasted!

They have won 7 games in a row, a record for 2022! I follow baseball pretty closely, but I don’t know the details of what is going on with other teams. Give me an update on your team. I hope I didn’t jinx the Phillies by posting this thread.o_O I am somewhat superstitious.

Padres are holding in there despite Tatis still on IL. Great pitching but still hampered with Myers and Hosmer contracts. Hosmer started hot but has cooled off. Myers is a below average player and has been for years....Shining example of a bad contract!

Pitching has been amazing with several 6+ inning no hitters. This even with Blake Snell under performing again! He hasn't been the same since the 2021 WS when he was shutting down the Dodgers.

They just shellacked the Mets for you taking 2 out of three in great fashion! Outscoring the Mets 20-2 in the last two games!

Wit the imminent return of Tatis and Bob Melvin guiding watch out if they get one more piece on the board and stay healthy!

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Padres are holding in there despite Tatis still on IL. Great pitching but still hampered with Myers and Hosmer contracts. Hosmer started hot but has cooled off. Myers is a below average player and has been for years....Shining example of a bad contract!

Pitching has been amazing with several 6+ inning no hitters. This even with Blake Snell under performing again! He hasn't been the same since the 2021 WS when he was shutting down the Dodgers.

They just shellacked the Mets for you taking 2 out of three in great fashion! Outscoring the Mets 20-2 in the last two games!

Wit the imminent return of Tatis and Bob Melvin guiding watch out if they get one more piece on the board and stay healthy!
Thanks to your guys for dinging the Mets. We needed that!

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member

Wow! You mentioned Bob Melvin, and I thought, didn’t he catch for the Orioles? Hmm, I had no idea he was managing the Padres. Glad I posted this thread.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My team is also your team, America’s team. Go Braves. 6 games back of the Mets which is cool because we all know the Mets will mess it up so the Braves will advance regardless. They’ll be just fine.

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
Seattle Mariners are both good and bad (something quite familiar here!) this year. I believe they are really, really close to putting it all together. At least I hope so! They have some great, amazing young players mixed with some nice vets.

KC

Friend of Leo's
Nationals are doing great—trea turner’s doing great for LA, Harper for Philly, scherzer for the Mets till he got hurt, rendon for the angels till he got hurt. The DC leftovers are not doing as well

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Astros doing well, wining in close games and edging series. Mariners smacked them around a bit. Super smart move signing Alvarez to a 6 year deal. Starters have been good and Verlander is in Cy Young form.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
My Rangers, I’m sure, are around the bottom of their division. That seems to be their comfortable home.

We went to Rangers games back in the ‘70s, paid $5.00 for semi nosebleed seats, drank overpriced beer, and had a great time.

I also had Maverick season tickets for around $125.00 a head. Yeah, the sucked but we got to see some amazing NBA players at the Mavs expense

Chip

Friend of Leo's
The kids in Cleveland are really exiting to watch. The average age on our team is over a year younger than the average of all the AAA teams. I used to be critical of Francona for platooning players in different positions daily but this year he’s letting these guys play in the same positions except for the occasional day off or double headers. The kids seem to be getting comfortable in their positions and know what their rolls are on the team. And these guys are pretty patient at the plate and make pitchers work. Tonight our two rookie outfielders had eight hits combined. On the most part the starting pitching has been good with a few stellar arms in the bullpen. And we have Jose Ramirez!!!

Ohh, the Twins just lost… we’re only 3 games out of first!!!

Last edited: