MLB 2021

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chip, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

Who’s your team?
    How are they doing?
    What’s your predictions?

My team has no mascot and soon will have a new name. It’s fitting because the team has no identity and no one knows their names. I seriously think they could loose 100 games.

Old Plank and Nightclub Dwight like this.
  2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

For almost 60 years.... 12246851_10156258201395321_6571938967562568850_n.png

Skully likes this.
  3. dented

You should be.....The Cleveland Beavers of course!

574dabd0b19c5.image.jpg

4. telepicker52

telepicker52 Tele-Holic

I feel your pain, Chip. I've been a Tribe fan for almost 60 years now. This could be a long season. They cut payroll by almost $50 million since last year!

dented and Chip like this.
  5. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I am originally from St Louis and have been a Cardinals fan since I was born. Before today they were 1-2. Living in Alabama I can’t tell you much about the Cardinals but I do know all about the third string Bama Offensive Lineman with a hang nail in April that they hope will heal by football season in September.

dented and Chip like this.
  6. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

Atlanta Braves. I guess we’re done for...jajaja

7. green_henry

green_henry Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I'm done with MLB for 2021 unless they do a 180 asap.

8. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Giants fan. I could stomach almost anything this season except for bullpen implosions which they have been notorious for in the last few years. I actually went to what could be considered the last game of their dynasty (or at least their alternating championship seasons in which they played well.) Last game before the All Star break. Best record in all of MLB. Bumgardner throws a complete game shut out. After the break they have one of the worst records in all of MLB with an extreme amount of bullpen implosions. They end up limping into the playoffs lose a series against the Cubs after winning the wild card game, IIRC. Never have been remotely close acting like a contender since and their bullpen blew the first game of this season.

grayback and dented like this.
  9. johnnycnote

johnnycnote Tele-Meister

Arg. Same here. My interest in almost every sport has been in a slow decline over the last 30 years, but def has been accelerated over the last few. Just play!

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Giants fan. I will be glad when farhan and kapler are gone. It will be a bit before the team is great again. No problem, I just love watching and going to the games in the meantime. If the Dodgers can get eliminated somehow, I'll be happy. A dodger loss exceeds a giants win.

11. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

ATL

dented likes this.
  12. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Wyzsard likes this.
  13. dented

lol the rivalry lives on

[​IMG]

14. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Early season is best here in recent past. 1181D0CF-0705-4282-AE98-5F6D641FC3FB.jpeg

Bellacaster and dented like this.
  15. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Is it ok for a Braves fan to also really enjoy the minors? I can’t wait to get back to the Express. This is my other favorite team.
    Best value in sports too.
    upload_2021-4-5_23-29-43.png

16. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

I prefer more action based sports... Like ping pong, darts, and golf.

On a serious note, I know it’s a divisive topic this week but lots of innocent people here will enjoy this discussion so let’s try not to get this locked.

Also seriously... 3 hours for 3 minutes of ball in play? That’s the real scandal.

Chip likes this.
  17. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Damn. Looks like another sad year for you. Condolences.

18. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

It could be worse, you could live 100 miles to the east and be a Pirates fan!

I get a lot of flak for it, but I was born a Yankees fan. Growing up in Connecticut, right off I-95 in just about the middle of the state, it was just about evenly divided between Yankees and Red Sox supporters with a few Mets fans thrown in for spice. But my family was originally from the part of Connecticut that shares a border with New York state. Some of my earliest memories were of watching Yankees games with my grandfather in his screened porch.

I am a little sad because this might be the last year for Brett Gardner. Gardner is an unlikely hero, but at this point he is the longest tenured Yankee on the roster. Back in 2007 I was working in Trenton, NJ but living in New Hampshire. I stayed in a hotel all week then commuted home for the weekends. I spent that summer going to Trenton Thunder games because it was only like $7 even for the best seats in the house right down on the field by first base. I "discovered" Gardy back then and told all my baseball friends that this guy was going to be someone. He hasn't disappointed, but I know all things must end eventually. The sugar of a 28th world championship would make the bitter pill of losing him much easier to swallow, but I'm still nervous about it.

Anyhoo, I bleed pinstripes, but I do have a soft spot for the teams in each city in which I have lived. So I root for San Francisco, Seattle and even Pittsburgh. However all that ends whenever they play my Yankees. And even though I lived in New Hampshire for a while I have no love for Boston for obvious reasons. As an elementary school kid I remember watching Bucky Dent hit that homer in the one-game playoff at the end of the regular season in 1978. It was an afternoon game so many adults missed seeing it in person. As a kid, we used to miss out on most the the great sports moments because they happened after bed time, but this one was tailor made for us kid Yankees fans.

Play ball!

dented, StevesBoogie and Chip like this.
  19. nobis17

nobis17 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Red Sox fan here. However, it's hard to get excited about a team when they sell off all their best players. Also there is something fundamentally wrong about an entertainment industry playing ball in front of a basically empty park (I guess it's not much different than 30-40 years ago...but that empty park wasn't forced :p

Old Plank and fendrguitplayr like this.
  20. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Why respond to this thread? This was meant to be a good natured discussion on folks who follow the game and a team not a position statement.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.