MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

image.jpg

2. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

I got this poor distressed MJT blond not directly from, but downstream from MJT. It all came together nicely in the end.

10-27-14 302 (2).JPG

brookdalebill and garrett like this.
  3. Echoplex

Echoplex Tele-Meister

I ordered a MJT tele build and just received my first pic update. Getting close now.
    IMG_0773.jpg

garrett likes this.
  4. PoppaTeleMaster

PoppaTeleMaster TDPRI Member

Does anyone here know what the "normal" timeline is for an MJT project start to finish? I'm currently still waiting on my neck and body that I started back in July. The neck is done but they've been relicing the body for almost 3 months now and sometimes they go up to a month without any communication before I ask them for an update. Then usually within the day, I'll get an email with a small update but then radio silence for another couple weeks before I ask again. They've been nothing but helpful and kind during the whole process so I don't want to piss off anyone unnecessarily, just seeing if this is out of the ordinary.

5. eean

eean TDPRI Member

My MJT's all took just over 4 months (and pre-covid!).

Similar communication also; you can't sweat what you can't control.

Hang in there!

6. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I just took the plunge on my second MJT build. It's going to be a left-handed, medium relic, candy apple red Tele Custom clone. I've got one of Fender's new CuNiFe FWRHs for the neck, and Don Mare is currently winding a Green Onions for the bridge. Musikraft is making a bullet truss neck for the build - a quartersawn maple neck with a dark rosewood slab fingerboard.

So I spent all of the money this weekend, and now I get to wait several months before I can enjoy the fruits of my expenditures. I'll post progress photos as they come in.

IMG_20201206_221830158.jpg

baiff and eean like this.
  7. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Got this in my email a couple of weeks ago:

[​IMG]

It's been three months now, and I'm still waiting for the neck to ship from Musikraft!

Can't wait to see the paint job on this thing.

8. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Progress continues:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just got the notice from Musikraft that my neck has moved into the "Fretting" department.

Slowly, but surely . . .

The original order was placed on all parts back in the first week of December.

9. sambae

sambae TDPRI Member

Just got my MJT body after an excruciating 2.5 month wait!

Alder body, Warmoth roasted maple neck, McNelly pickups, Rutters bridge and saddles, mostly fender parts for everything else.
    JPEG image 2.jpeg

Here’s the preliminary fitting:
    JPEG image 3.jpeg

10. eric_telemaque

eric_telemaque TDPRI Member

11. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Phew! I've been waiting on a lefty '72 Custom clone since December 2nd! In all fairness, they only received the neck from Musikraft about two months ago (it was ordered at the same time as my MJT order was placed, so it took five months to get to them).

I really don't mind the wait. I'm also waiting on a Don Mare Green Onions to put in the bridge (also ordered around the first of December). But it's been long enough that I know that I can start expecting things to arrive in the mail relatively soon, and I'm getting anxious.

I certainly don't want to rush anyone. I'd much rather exercise patience and give everyone time to do their best work, rather than have them rush to get something in the mail to shut me up.

12. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Look what arrived today!?!? Originally placed the order in December. Now it has to leave the house again, and pay a visit to my local luthier.

IMG_20210812_162107690.jpg

IMG_20210812_162118256.jpg

Mr Scallywag likes this.
  13. eean

eean TDPRI Member

That's a beaut!

After owning a couple Fender (MIJ) TC's, I'm just starting on my own lefty MJT TC.

What neck are you using?

What is that colour called?

Who made the pickguard?

johmica likes this.
  14. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Musikraft made the neck. It took quite a while to ship, which was why the project took so long. I think that the body was ready back in April, but MJT was still waiting to receive the neck from Musikraft. I knew that I was in for a long wait, though, and I've had amazing luck with Muskraft's products in the past, so I was happy to be patient.

It's a Candy Apple Red, and I can't tell you enough how pleased I am with it. I was really worried about how it would turn out, because it's difficult to capture the beauty of a Candy finish in a photo. But it's exactly what I had hoped for, with significant checking and some tasteful "dings" here and there. I'll post more photos once it's fully assembled and ready to play.

The pickguard came from Warmoth, and that was another point of concern for me, because the body is not a Warmoth body. I was afraid that it might not fit the contours of the body perfectly, but my worries were ill-founded. It fits perfectly.

I've got a Don Mare Green Onions going in the bridge, and a new CuNiFe FWRH going in the neck. I can't wait to play this thing!

eean likes this.
  15. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

I expect my first in about ~5 weeks.
    MIJ Mustang bass in faded Oly white.
    Excited.
    (..!)

johmica likes this.
  16. eean

eean TDPRI Member

Thanks for the info johmica!

Looking forward to pic updates soon!

johmica likes this.
  17. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Congratulations, but be patient. I ordered mine back on December 2, and I got it today. A great deal of that delay was because of the neck/Musikraft, but it takes a long while. This wasn't my first MJT, so I knew that going into the process. I just placed the order, and then tried to forget about it.

It's worth the wait. I'm looking forward to seeing photos when your Mustang arrives!

18. GAS Giant

GAS Giant Tele-Meister

20210820_193033.jpg Still feeling this out, but very good so far.
    Super light weight...
    Musikraft soft V neck with vintage tall frets, bone nut
    Swope Descendant trem system
    Mastery bridge
    Regular 3 way switch and a 500k tone pot
    Fralin Wide Range pickups...these sound amazing...so much clarity, lower output, super sweet chime in middle position...it just sounds great in every position. It has its own sound...every time I plug it in I write something.
    Definitely the highest budget MJT build I have done, but all of the pieces came together really well. The pickguard was a nightmare...nowhere near a Fender Thinline Tele Deluxe...most MJTs have fit with Fender spec pickguards very well. Three tries and a lot of sanding.

19. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

It's finally finished!!! I placed the order on Nov. 6ish of last year, and everything finally came together about a week ago.

Fender CuNiFe WRHB RI, coupled with a Don Mare Green Onions in the bridge. 500k pots (I cannot find 1M reverse taper pots anywhere!). Musikraft quartersawn maple neck on a Candy Apple Red MJT body. This guitar is amazing!!!!

IMG_20210904_130459735_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20210904_130455562_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20210825_180745278~2.jpg IMG_20210825_180635495~2.jpg IMG_20210825_180717884.jpg IMG_20210825_180555656.jpg

rze99 and eean like this.
  20. eean

eean TDPRI Member

Wow!

Congratulations and thanks for posting!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    johmica likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.