1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

They are aged compensated brass saddles from Tricked Out Guitar on eBay. I basically contact them and have a full set of aged hardware done so everything matches up. I will go with aged compensated steel 1/4" saddles on the next build.

2. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I just ordered a white top hat switch tip for something different. We will see how it looks.

3. Gianni_boy

Gianni_boy TDPRI Member

Attached Files:

baiff likes this.
  4. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

I'm back! #58 full build

Screenshot_20181016-093604~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-093625~2.jpg
    IMG_20181013_234023.jpg

5. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

All done. I put a Duncan 55’ Antiquity in and love it.
    56182735825__B597CFE0-8D8B-46DB-AE6F-8EA7BF2B3CF3.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG

6. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I did the Esquire wiring as follows....

Position 1-Pickup straight to jack with no tone control
    Position 2-Pickup with volume and tone (.047 cap)
    Position 3-Pickup with volume only and a .001 cap (normally neck pos. or cocked wah)

7. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Holic

Oh man that's just perfect @baiff

baiff likes this.
  8. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Thanks. Just received my Hercules rack. Fits my MJT’s perfect!!!

IMG_1737.JPG

It will hold up to 6 guitars so.......may be putting that spare aged Allparts neck to use pretty soon.

DannoManno, roknfnrol and j-bro like this.
  9. DannoManno

DannoManno TDPRI Member

6E1BE05E-802C-40AF-82C9-2D18C43A8560.jpeg C9699C89-1B69-47D5-9486-993FCB0F0FD5.jpeg 5A20D25C-4CD2-4AED-9943-0D73E100C5B8.jpeg

Just showed up Monday...MJT full build, double bound, sonic blue over shell pink. Is it wrong that I just stare at these pictures when I’m not at home to play it???

baiff likes this.
  10. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

That looks great Danno! Did it come with the Porter pickups?

DannoManno likes this.
  11. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Beautiful guitar Danno! Got an email from Doug that the neck was finally in for my strat build. Cant wait!

EDIT: I realized I never posted that I decided to pull the trigger on an MJT. Going for a strat similar to Doyle Bramhall II's, nut righty and closet classic with some slight checking.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    DannoManno likes this.
  12. Micky Mojo

Micky Mojo TDPRI Member

I recently got a kit off eBay and the seller was uk based so I avoided import duties. I’ve put it together with a set of Bare Knuckle Pile Drivers. Very happy with the results, it’s nice and lightweight and resonant.

IMG_3125.JPG IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3077.JPG IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3072.JPG

13. DannoManno

DannoManno TDPRI Member

Yep it sure did. I went with the vintage set. To me they sounded the best from the demos. I’ve noticed some issues with it overall (sadly) but hopefully a quick trip to a tech will fix her right up.

14. DannoManno

DannoManno TDPRI Member

Nice! Their finish work is incredible. I’ll sit there and just stare at the checking for a long time (probably an issue I need addressed haha.) A couple things I’ve noticed after a couple weeks (you might wanna keep an eye out); it feels like the frets weren’t completely finished. They catch your hand a bit and the fretboard is not rounded at all...something I noticed immediately but at first chalked it up to just needing to get used to a new radius or humidity differences. Also, the jack cup isn’t pounded in all the way, the selector switch has a little side to side wiggle, and it only stays in tune for about five minutes when playing. Now I don’t have much experience with teles outside of my fender roadworn (which plays waaaay better ironically), but I’m guessing a CS tele wouldn’t have any of these issues...or any guitar that’s $1000+ really. So I’m a bit disappointed...hopefully a trip to a tech will fix everything because she’s too pretty to be a wall hanger, and sounds fantastic!

15. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

A little tweak here and there makes a big difference. I know I use CRL 3 way switches with Fender control plates and there is a very small bit of wiggle. Nothing to be concerned with and it still functions fine. I always use electro socket cups so I know they won't go anywhere. As far as the neck, I get mine from the same guy in Miami. The board is rounded slightly and the frets normally do not need any attention. Out of 10 necks ordered 2 of them needed minor nut work. Hopefully this works out for you.

DannoManno likes this.
  16. DannoManno

DannoManno TDPRI Member

Oh I’m sure it’ll work out in the end. I’ll probably take her in to the local shop this week. I still love their finish work...probably end up buying bodies from them in the future, just no more full builds

17. TeleTex82

This is of interest to me as my plan was to have them send the body and neck to their Luthier, ship them the pups and hardware and let him assemble it. Maybe I'll just have them mail the body and neck to me.

18. DannoManno

DannoManno TDPRI Member

Hmm I didn’t know they offered that. In my case, I paid about 1700-1800ish for the full build, so I assumed I wouldn’t have to worry about all the little stuff. I might just be nitpicking since it’s my first experience with this type of thing. You may have a better experience

19. TeleTex82

It's something I had to ask, since I am providing all the hardware and electronics.

20. TeleTex82

Well I got an email from Doug saying the body and neck are finished and I gotta say they look pretty dang good! I had totally forgotten I had ordered a roasted maple neck. I was worried it wasnt gonna look good with the sunburst but I think it works. IMG_9932.jpeg IMG_9933.jpeg IMG_9934.jpeg IMG_9935.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.