1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Not sure about USACG but I have heard Musikraft is a bit backed up right now.

ozan likes this.
  2. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Dear God don't EVER deal with gearsunited (portofmiami) for an aged guitar neck. I ordered one two weeks ago and kept being told it was going to ship three different times. Still don't have it with zero communication. It's unfortunate because the guy did great work but is crap at running a business. Looking into YCS or Scotty Huffman from now on.

3. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

Im part of the club now! here is my MJT VTL with Lollars.

Attached Files:

baiff likes this.
  4. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

That is a nice Honeyburst Aaron!

Aaron1061 likes this.
  5. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I hear ya man. I got a nice bonus from work last month and 3 days later my water heater blew. So a good portion of the bonus went to a new one, meaning I had to hold off from more gear.

6. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    I dealt with him over a year ago. Yes he was slow shipping but the neck I got was the best I have ever played. It went on my MJT body. Better than my CS and a few others. Worth the wait for me. Good luck getting yours. I hope it works out. DSC01157_zpsbh1n2ami.jpg DSC01169_zpscgcvxcru.jpg

baiff likes this.
  7. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Yeah, he makes awesome necks. I have 4 of them and am looking at a similar one like yours. Amazingly after a dispute was opened with PayPal it is being shipped. Should have it by Monday.

8. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

So you are saying that a water heater is more important than a telecaster? I don't believe it.

Larmo63, ndcaster and Nubs like this.
  9. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

Just an fyi, I'm selling a maple neck that was modified to fit an MJT tele body. It's currently in the classifieds.

10. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Great plug!!! If it had 21 frets and was aged I would be all over it. GLWTS.

11. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

What's wrong with an extra fret? And to age it all you have to do is play it! :D

blj725 likes this.
  12. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I would never use it and I will be dead well before that neck gets aged.

13. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I ordered a custom USACG neck on 1/30 and had it on 2/13. It was one of the sale ones, but I got to choose contour, clay dots, fretwire, etc, for $186. Very, very pleased. At that price, I could send it MJT and still not feel a lot of dollar pain.

ozan likes this.
  14. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I was thinking of MJT for the neck. An Allparts TRO-C unfinished is $110. MJT charges $175 to do a nitro finish. $40 for aged tuners, $6 for an aged string tree and $30 to have a nut installed. At about $360 not considering the neck will probably need a fret dress/level that is not a bad price. I didn't really care for how they finish necks. They seem to always be a matte finish and not glossy.

YSC wants $475 for an aged RW board neck but they set it up on a jig so that the nut and frets are perfect. They claim that all you need to do is bolt on the neck, string it up and you are good to go.

Gearsunited (like the 2 pics above) charges $315 shipped. The nut is usually fine and the frets may or may not need attention. He is by far the best deal for the level of work done but is unreliable with communication.

15. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

My USACG custom neck was ordered on 29.12.2017 by MJT and still have not been received.

I’m beginning to get annoyed with this long delivery time...

And MJT still responds me the delivery time between 8-13 weeks...

16. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

You should be getting close to getting it. Give Matt a call and see what the status is.

17. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain Tele-Meister

]

I have done a couple of unfinished musikraft necks that mjt finished and aged. I love them. One blackguard neck 1953 baseball bat for my Tele and one 10/56 for my Strat. I did not get the fretboards aged as I wanted my personal wear pattern.

0D3D1134-625A-40FE-8333-92F6CD27CF63.jpeg 43A23784-4D62-465B-AA14-63388B60E267.jpeg IMG_9304 (2).JPG IMG_9308 (2).JPG

minor9 likes this.
  18. Larmo63

Larmo63 Friend of Leo's

These bodies are both MJTs. The Surf Green one is for sale. IMG_5602.JPG

minor9 and Nubs like this.
  19. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

I got in touch with them and received the same answer: 8-13 weeks.

Man this USACG company is killing me! How someone from the company can not say a thing like “you should be receiving the neck within a week or two”...

Is it that hard for them? I really dont understand.

20. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Seems like a few of the neck companies are backed up. I can't get a Allparts TMO-C neck for a few weeks due to back orders. Be patient, it will be worth it in the end.

ozan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.