1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Wow! Is that the mini humbucker sized route? If so it seems to fit goldfoils perfectly!

2. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Those are goldfoil routes.

Badger06 likes this.
  3. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Ah, that would explain it then [emoji6] Didn’t realize that was an option!

4. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Yeah, MJT will hook you up with just about any routing config you can come up with. Firebird, p90, filtertron, jazzmaster, etc.

Badger06 likes this.
  5. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Just got this metallic tangerine ash MJT body recently and switched out a MIM poly body that just wasn’t doing it for me. Relic’d Mighty Mite maple neck, brushed anodized aluminum pickguard, McNelly A5 Signature bridge pup and Fralin Blues Special uncovered neck pup.

Sounds GREAT!

[​IMG]

6. Gregggg

Gregggg NEW MEMBER!

Hello guys!
    This is my MJT thinline partscaster.
    Body is alder Musikraft. Painted and reliced by Mark.
    Neck is Warmoth roasted maple.
    Neck pickup is Benson.
    Bridge pickup is Q Pickups tapped.
    Wire circuit include S-1 volume pot, 4 way switch, no load tone pot.
    It possible to parrallel/series switching and tap the bridge pickup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Nubs likes this.
  7. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Latest MJT-based Build. Aged Ice Blue Metallic with modded Fender '60s Baja neck, Oil City Diesel-Tap hand scatter wound UK bridge pup. Big sounding 60s style.

002.JPG

0031.jpg

014b.JPG

008b.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

8. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

First post here, great stuff here and i really appreciate MJT's work.

I'm in the process of ordering a complete VTT kit from MJT as well. This will be my first project with them and i noticed that most of the hardware included in the kit are branded as Allparts (bridge & nut especially).

I know i can customize them but i wonder if their hardware brand choice was always like this or has it changed recently?

Have you guys used their guitars with allparts bridge & nut? How was the quality?

9. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Body by MJT, neck Fender Custom Shop
    rocket1.jpg
    rocketcorner.jpg
    rocket2.jpg
    newrocket.jpg
    sunnyandtherocket.jpg

I am beyond ecstatic!!! Bridge saddles and ferrules( Thanks to Redd Volkaert!! ) notice that the saddles and ferrules are a mix of brass and aluminium, and ALL of the screws from Glendale Guitars. Basic Kit with Push-back Wire, Emerson Pro CTS Pots 250k-ohm, CRL 3way lever switch, Switchcraft Output Jack Mono, and orange drop caps from Stew-Mac. The color is Ocean Metallic Turquoise. The rocket ship decal was made for me by Matt Welke at Circus City Decals & Graphics, Pickups are the Joel Foy set from Don Mare....weighs 6lbs 10oz and sounds AMAZING!!!

RJ

baiff, minor9, ndcaster and 1 other person like this.
  10. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Absolute belter. Looks gorgeous. Congratulations!

rjtwangs likes this.
  11. minor9

minor9 NEW MEMBER!

Hi there! This is my first post here...

I only realized about a year ago that the telecaster truly is the ultimate guitar for me. By reading a lot on this wonderful forum and trying every single tele I've been able to put my hands on, my dreams are currently being made come true in the MJT workshop!

I just got some images of the Taos Turquoise swamp ash body, which is coming along great. This will be coupled with a lightly roasted "high grade" flame maple neck from USACG. I don't know the status of the neck yet, but it will be interesting to see how close they can get to the look I'm aiming for (see the strat neck below).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Aron83 and Nubs like this.
  12. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Making another. Late 50's Blonde with a RW board. All the parts, body and neck should be here by the end of the week. Pickups are being made so that may be longer.

13. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I believe they always use Allparts hardware as it is very similar to Fender. Check eBay and you can find a few places that will sell aged Fender hardware individually or as kits. That is if you don't want MJT to do it for you.

ozan likes this.
  14. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

Cool! How long did it take to complete the project? My tele with USACG neck is under construction now. However they tell me that the arrival of the neck alone may take 8-12 weeks (plus there will be the shop process). That sounds a very long lead time for me.

Mine will be lefty so i really wonder if thats the case here? What are your experiences guys?

15. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I source all my parts from different vendors so it could be as soon as next week that it will be done.

16. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

Very nice and authentic work indeed. Had a chance to buy this one. 1963 Shoreline Gold....

[​IMG]

Just as I was about to pull the trigger. I found out that I needed to replace my water heater. That was a sweet deal and guitar that I would have loved to have had.

Nubs likes this.
  17. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

That was the second one that I ever put together. Matt got the color exactly like the Fender book shows. If I remember correctly this one had a set of Nocasters and was around 7.1 lbs.

18. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

Oh shut up! I did not need to know that.

19. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

Is it the same for the neck? I mean it sounds really strange to me that MJT claims that USACG lead time may be over 8 weeks in my case.

I have created a custom neck while selecting specs would this be the reason?

20. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I try and go with a guy out of Miami for the necks. He does a great job on aging Allparts and Musikraft. I hear good things about YSC but their pricing goes up a lot as the aging goes up. There is another guy on eBay (Scotty Huffman) that does pretty good work too. The guy in Miami usually has a few of every Allparts model in stock so I can get them fairly quick and for around $315 shipped.

ozan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.