1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tele rob

tele rob Tele-Meister

Hi Guys, Rob G from the Netherlands here. I ordered a swamp ash thinline body from MJT that will be finished in Orange Translucent yesterday, closet clean and without checking since I suspect that the thin nitro lacquer will age quickly anyway. Can’t wait for it to arrive (will still be some 6 weeks or so), will put an Allparts neck, ASAT classic MFD pick ups on it. Will be so sweet I hope.
    Service/communication really very good with Matt and Wendy. Will keep you guys posted on my first MJT build (well, my luthier will do that for me!)

baiff likes this.
  2. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

Nice guitar roknfnrol.

Was the whole guitar assembled by MJT? ....... Or was it assembled from parts you pre designated by you but still assembled and aged by them?

Who are the main bits by? I.e the pickup, bridge and tuner?

Any customized secrets?

3. The Blood

The Blood Tele-Meister

Happy with mine. It came with a humbucker route in the neck position, Which I enlarged a bit for the p90. IMG_0270.JPG

4. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Holic

Not sure, I bought this from Mike Clark (clarkamps.com). I'm assuming it's nitro.

5. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Holic

It's currently loaded with Fender's Pure Vintage '64 pickups. Not sure about the tuners and bridge. Bridge has the fender wording etched in it. I think MJT assembled the entire guitar. I purchased it from Mike Clark at Clark Amplifiers; he was the original owner.

tonyj likes this.
  6. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That is one good looking tele.... could have fooled me....MJT does such good work!!!!!!!

roknfnrol likes this.
  7. j-bro

j-bro TDPRI Member

Awesome! That's gonna be a great guitar. I love ASAT MFDs! Great PUs. I put a set in my Rick Kelly Tele. They work really well for me. Would put them in my MJT as well, but am going for a particular look and sound (early 60s).

tele rob likes this.
  8. j-bro

j-bro TDPRI Member

RJ, thanks for that Don Mare endorsement. I only hear good things about Mare. Guess I'll just have to take the plunge. The hayride seems to be a good all rounder.

rjtwangs likes this.
  9. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

j-bro, you will NOT be disappointed, I promise you! I'm so crazy that I now think like this....rather than start with a body, neck and other parts, I start thinking which guitar would go with a certain set of Don's pups, so the Green Onions set should go with a rather stock looking 60 tele ala' Steve Cropper....I am somewhat concerned about the state of my mental health....G.A.S. is such a debilitating disease.....

RJ

10. tele rob

tele rob Tele-Meister

2017-03-17 20.17.24.jpg
    Thanks j-bro! That’s just what I expect, the ASAT MFD PUs will be awesome.

This is my current partscaster, built by a very skilled luthier here in Holland (Allparts body and neck, SD Vintage Broadcaster Pick ups. Awesome guitar, too.
    The Bluescube is also excellent!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  11. j-bro

j-bro TDPRI Member

IMG_4348.JPG IMG_4349.JPG IMG_4350.JPG IMG_4351.JPG IMG_4353.JPG IMG_4354.JPG Howdy all,

Finally got my MJT bits and slapped her together yesterday, soldiered it up today. Sounds amazing, looks beautiful (to me) and plays really well. I will likely bring it to a guitar tech to get it dialed in (neck relief, cutting the nut down a tiny bit).

Wildwood Alder body finished in light relic sonic blue by MJT, Musikraft rock maple neck with rosewood slab board finished with vintage amber, broken in finish by MJT. The folks at MJT are all pro artists. Just really nice folks doing beautiful work. Couldn't be happier. Glendale double cut chrome bridge plate, Glendale switch plate, Glendale comped saddles. Everything else Allparts. SD Antiquities pups. Emerson electronics. I was intent on getting some DM Hayrides, but I had the Antiquities from another axe, so I said what the hey (hehe). They sound much better than anticipated.

Anyhow, I'm pleased. Was trying to mimic a '62/'63 kind of look and setup. Think I got pretty close.

FenderLover, baiff, heffus and 4 others like this.
  12. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Looks superb

13. j-bro

j-bro TDPRI Member

Thank you sir. Hard to put it down...think my wife is jealous. Haha

14. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Just nabbed this baby off my local CL the other day. MJT LPB nitro relic with reliced Allparts neck, Fender CS '51 Nocaster pickups, tweed thermometer case, etc., etc. It was the guys first attempt at putting together a partscaster and he made a mess of it. Fortunately I was able to buy it cheap and get it sorted. Turned out rather nicely I think. Plays and sounds great! Doesn't look too bad either, IMHO. Pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never had a reliced guitar before. Kind of like having an old pair of comfortable boots that I don't have to worry about too much if I scuff them. :)

baiff, j-bro, RevBillyG and 2 others like this.
  15. Discreetb4u

Discreetb4u TDPRI Member

Everything gets better with age.
    Congratulations sir! :cool:

16. Discreetb4u

Discreetb4u TDPRI Member

Everything gets better with age!
    congratulations sir! :cool:

17. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Thank you!

Discreetb4u likes this.
  18. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jsil13, j-bro and Nubs like this.
  19. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

My MJT is a Strat, hope that counts. It has an MIJ Foto Flame neck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

IMG_2012.JPG

jimytheassassin and Badger06 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.