MJT & Mighty Mite neck. And it's GREEN!

Norrin Radd

Tele-Holic
Just finished putting together this lovely yesterday. I am still dialing it in, but so far very pleased. This is the first semi-hollow I've ever owned and I've not played many either. Initially it seems thinner sounding than a solid body but more acoustic & lively. Does that seem right?

OblNmxR.jpg

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Just finished putting together this lovely yesterday. I am still dialing it in, but so far very pleased. This is the first semi-hollow I've ever owned and I've not played many either. Initially it seems thinner sounding than a solid body but more acoustic & lively. Does that seem right?

OblNmxR.jpg
Yes, that is correct. I also like the cut-off bridges, they seem a bit warmer. The title says Mighty Mite neck...it looks like a Fender. Are you asking about Their necks? Their necks are high quality

Norrin Radd

Tele-Holic
Yes, that is correct. I also like the cut-off bridges, they seem a bit warmer. The title says Mighty Mite neck...it looks like a Fender. Are you asking about Their necks? Their necks are high quality
No. I like the mighty mite necks. Personally I do not put Fender decals on my partscasters. I use my own created logos. I happened to buy this particular neck pre-completed and the logo was already on there - so I left it. I was really asking about the tone differences between solid and hollow body Teles.

Norrin Radd

Tele-Holic
So, when I selected the neck I knew that it had a couple of high frets so I spot leveled them before I assembled it all together. Upon testing the guitar, it turns out that my spot leveling worked pretty well, except for the fact that it revealed some fret issues further up the neck!

The plan is to do an entire fret level crown and polish, eventually. I ain’t got time for that kind of nonsense today, so I put on this temporary neck that I had instead. The good news part of all of this is that with this other neck on it it sounds great! All of the notes ring true and I’m not having any tonal issues at all. It is a cheap Chinese Strat neck and I had to carve the heel to fit into a Tele body, and the scale isn’t exactly correct so I had to re-intonate the bridge. But now, everything seems to be working fantastically and I’m quite pleased with it.

I would consider leaving this new neck on the guitar, and I might, but I’m just not sure about how it looks:

EEF05DD8-01BB-4AC2-B7EF-5CD73D25317C.jpeg

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
So, when I selected the neck I knew that it had a couple of high frets so I spot leveled them before I assembled it all together. Upon testing the guitar, it turns out that my spot leveling worked pretty well, except for the fact that it revealed some fret issues further up the neck!

The plan is to do an entire fret level crown and polish, eventually. I ain’t got time for that kind of nonsense today, so I put on this temporary neck that I had instead. The good news part of all of this is that with this other neck on it it sounds great! All of the notes ring true and I’m not having any tonal issues at all. It is a cheap Chinese Strat neck and I had to carve the heel to fit into a Tele body, and the scale isn’t exactly correct so I had to re-intonate the bridge. But now, everything seems to be working fantastically and I’m quite pleased with it.

I would consider leaving this new neck on the guitar, and I might, but I’m just not sure about how it looks:

View attachment 978869
That's an ugly neck. I'd go with the Tele neck.

Norrin Radd

Tele-Holic
Just following up to report that I did perform a level, crown and polish on the neck from the photo in the first post. I did that a while ago but I wanted to wait to make sure I wasn’t posting in the honeymoon phase.

It plays wonderfully and sounds absolutely killer! This one is really pushing for all of my playtime - and I don’t mind! :cool: I’ve been a strat guy for almost my whole adult life, but this guitar in the pink telly are really really yanking me in a different direction, and I love it. 🥰

Rat City

Tele-Meister
Just following up to report that I did perform a level, crown and polish on the neck from the photo in the first post. I did that a while ago but I wanted to wait to make sure I wasn’t posting in the honeymoon phase.

It plays wonderfully and sounds absolutely killer! This one is really pushing for all of my playtime - and I don’t mind! :cool: I’ve been a strat guy for almost my whole adult life, but this guitar in the pink telly are really really yanking me in a different direction, and I love it. 🥰

It’s a beauty. 👍👍 I’m curious. How much does it weigh?

aleski

Tele-Meister
Initially it seems thinner sounding than a solid body but more acoustic & lively. Does that seem right?

Seems right to me. My Thinline is louder and slightly thinner - I'm sometimes tempted to say more cheap-sounding - than my other electric guitars when unplugged. Plugged in, it's great and definitely distinct. That aligns with my previous experiences with semi-hollow guitars.

That's a lovely green! Any idea what it is?

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Lovely colour, but I'm with @brenn, I don't like the Strat neck. But, if you like it rock it, the body is killer, no matter what.