Missing you.

Nicodemus1

Tele-Meister
Back in 2004, I lost the best and only real friend I ever had. Hank Edwards. By friend, I mean "True friend" You know, there are friends and buddies. The way you tell the difference, A friend will never screw you over or take advantage of you. Buddies will. In this life, you'll be lucky to count your true friends on one hand. I had one Hank. Just a couple dayz before his death, I took off work and drove about an hour to go visit. He was having bad back pain, i believe from moving big P.A. gear from doing a lot of big shows "Big National Acts etc." He was also one of the best percussionists in our area too. At the end of our visit, he burned me a cd of his Mystarband blues project with some of the better players in the area. As we parted ways, he said I love you man! I replied, I love you too brother. you take care of yourself. I have so many good memories and lots of laughter with this good man. He is greatly missed.
This is the first jam i did on the BR864 that Hank recommended checking out. Its a slow blues in his honor. I wish he was playing the drums on it. As i do with most jams, find a pattern and set the tempo. Better than a click track.

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Digging your phrasing, nods to SRV (some of those kray-zee overbent skronky doublestops* got me smiling) and Albert King and also some speedier guys, but remains your own thing. And that is no small thing.

That phrase ending note at 1:12-1:13...I actually said out loud “HA!!!” when you did that, love it.

It sounds like you were having a pretty good time playing this, and that makes it fun to listen to for me.

*heard a bit of that in the third song you uploaded too

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
HI Nicodemus1,
I can feel your love for Hank on this very heartfelt guitar playing.
You can really play the guitar!
Rest In Peace, Hank!!!!
Thanks for sharing this story!!!
Respectfully,
Rene