Missing a Package? Look Here!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

Seems train robberies are increasing! Old west meets new!

Crazy photos of where thieves break into box cars and start emptying out on the rails!

1642359601792.png

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Yeah I saw that on the news, that's insane. I guess the trains go real slow in that area, and the locks they put on the containers are very easily broken.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
One of the reasons I don't buy anything from the West Coast these days....I prefer to actually receive my stuff.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Wait, they still ship stuff by train?!?
Heck yea!

I was staying out in the desert, 30 miles out of Yuma along I-8 and of course a RXR right there. I'd say at least 5 LONG trains full of either sea containers or semi trailers every hour. At least 50 boxes...maybe 100...seemed like 1000 when you get caught at a crossing!

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
They just doubled the carbon footprint of all those deliveries.

Covid tests and epi pens found in the trash. I'm sure people didn't need those. (sarcasm)

And I'm sure Amazon won't pass on the cost to all its custumers. (more sarcasm)

Oh well, i guess it's worth it. Those junkies needed the higher value items they didn't just toss aside to get their next fix.

That's some good Californing.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Last edited:

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Yeah I saw that on the news, that's insane. I guess the trains go real slow in that area, and the locks they put on the containers are very easily broken.
There was a notice in my area that they're going to speed up the trains through town from 16kms to 72kms (I think). Maybe this is why.

They said track improvements. Just because you worked on it for five years doesn't mean you made it better. Lol

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
They just doubled the carbon footprint of all those deliveries.

Covid tests and epi pens found in the trash. I'm sure people didn't need those. (sarcasm)

And I'm sure Amazon won't pass on the cost to all its custumers. (more sarcasm)

Oh well, i guess it's worth it. Those junkies needed the higher value items they didn't just toss aside to get their next fix.

That's some good Californing.
Los Angeles gives California bad name, but most of the state is not like Los Angeles.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Big shake on the box car moving
Big shake to the land that's falling down
Is a wind makes a palm stop blowing
A big, big stone fall and break my crown

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
On the news they said there was a train derailment yesterday in that exact area. It's in Lincoln Heights, East Los Angeles. One of the oldest neighborhoods in Los Angeles, and a super high crime area I wonder if the train ran over an Amazon weight set or something, or if someone actually sabotaged the tracks?