1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mini-Fuzz pedal

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by FosterF, Dec 26, 2011.

1. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

This is a miniature fuzz pedal I finished up tonight. It's based off of a colorsound one-knob fuzz with an added switch to take it from "mild" to "mayhem".
    It's a nice smooth fuzz but it gets really crazy on the mayhem setting.

image-2222208538.jpg

image-2014480371.jpg

image-1109906875.jpg

Yes, that is a 1590LB :p
    This thing is TINY! it took me a couple of hours to get it in the case. Definitely a pain and caused me some trouble but in the end it was worth it!

I went with a reliced "vintage" style case. Turned out way nicer than I expected!

2. LiveAtLeeds

LiveAtLeeds Tele-Meister

That makes my big muff just look silly, great work!

3. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

That's awesome!! Can you post a link to instructions or link of your build? I would like to build one to take the place of my fuzz face.

4. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

Thanks so much man!

I actually only had the original schematic to go off of. It says permission refused to post to other sites at the bottom of it though, so PM me and I'll send it to ya. But other than that I added a SPDT switch that switches between a 100K resistor and just a wire. That is connected between the effect input(from on/off switch) and the circuit board. I also had to sub the output jack for the end of a patch cable. This layout of everything was the only way I could make it all fit. When I get back into town I'll take the back off and put a picture up.
    Thanks again!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.