1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MIM Telecaster Pickup Help!!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by respectthetele, May 1, 2011.

1. respectthetele

respectthetele NEW MEMBER!

Just bought a fender mim standard telecaster off craigslist. want to change the pickups to get rid of the hum. want to keep similar sound but venture a little bit into better rock handling territory.

priority 1. hum cancellation
    2. similar sound
    3. versitility

I play alot of clean worship stuff, also tube overdrive sounds, and rock music. i like the twang but its not as major of a priority.

not wanting to spend more than 200$.
    maybe thinking active emg tele pups.... or sd hotrails... or fender noiseless.. or lil 59..... or dimarzio t set.... i dont have a clue. I willing to mix and match with any combo.

Read tons of reviews found little to no help. help please?!?! anything would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

2. TeleGS

TeleGS TDPRI Member

I use the Vintage stacked Duncans and like them. They are a little different, but acceptable to me.

3. respectthetele

respectthetele NEW MEMBER!

how are they different exactly? i know they look the same but their stacked so therefore noiseless. are they capable of more grit or something?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.