MIM Tele ???

elaperle13

NEW MEMBER!
Long time lurker first time poster. I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does anyone know if there was a time where Fender was building MIM telecaster bodies that did not use the router positioning hole that sits under the pickgaurd. I have sweet blond tele body paired with a 2004 MIM tele neck that the seller swears is original. I've never seen that body without the router positioning hole though.
Thanks for the help.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Lots of people here think it’s for the router. Quick question for the wood workers. If the CNC router needed a pin hole for a guide how could Fender make no-pick-guard Charvels and Fenders in the same factory on the same tool without that hole? Mind blown? Shouldn’t be. It’s not a router guide after all.

Tuxedo Poly

Friend of Leo's
I've seen a 2006 Classic Player Baja body without the holes and earlier (late 1990s) Classic Series Strats.
Does the body have a bar code sticker in the routs with a code starting MO? If it does try putting the full code in here
Fender Serial Number Lookup

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Long time lurker first time poster. I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does anyone know if there was a time where Fender was building MIM telecaster bodies that did not use the router positioning hole that sits under the pickgaurd. I have sweet blond tele body paired with a 2004 MIM tele neck that the seller swears is original. I've never seen that body without the router positioning hole though.
Thanks for the help.
Belated welcome!

What MIM does is a variety of bodies and only a portion have that so called "router hole". depends on model. So the buyer could easily be straight at you.