1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MIM Tele w/Rosewood. Why So Scarce?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Hockey Rocker, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

I see that Blackbelt308 has a nice trio of MIM Telecasters and his latest is a 2003 MIM with rosewood board. I've been having a heck of a time trying to cop a Fender Telecaster with a rosewood board. What's the dealio?

When did Fender stop making Standard MIMs with rosewood? When DID they make them? Thanks for the guidance, fellas.

I recently purged my stable of dusty axes so my dojo would be clear from distraction as I focused on my MIM Telecaster and Deluxe Player's Strat. Now I'd like to add a rosewood fretboard Tele with my Ebay revenue but I can't find one that's MIM. I'm tempted to get a new Squier, but I'd rather snag a Fender without jumping to the 60's Tele. I don't understand why the Standard Telecaster is not available with a rosewood board.

2. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

3. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

Thanks Stuco. I see where one of the online retailers has a blem in white for less than the Ebay guy wants for his. I suppose I should just go for it. It's been about three weeks of looking and I'm no farther along than when I started.

The shame of it is that I'm sure I'd be satisfied with a Standard MIM w/rosewood. I love my '04 Standard with Maple but would like to try a new twist.

4. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

If you already have a mim standard then you probably want something different, right?

I'd just keep my eye on the tdpri classifieds for a few weeks, I've seen several 60s MIM's go for under $450 on here.

5. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

Count me as another Mexi Standard player who would be quite happy with another one with rosewood. The higher models don't offer me anything I really want, other than rosewood. I'm likely to buy a Squier Standard with rosewood because they don't have the Fender Standard available. So, Fender has down-sold me...:confused:

6. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

They never made the MIM Standard Telecaster with a rosewood board.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.