1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MIM Standard Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mudbean, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit TDPRI Member

I have a MIM Standard, a 2006 Midnight Wine.
    It's the one in my profile picture.
    I love it. :)

2. riverrat

riverrat TDPRI Member

MIM Standard Club

My 2008-09 MIM Standard now sports a pair of custom Seymour Duncan
    vintage single coils, the rest of it is completely stock. For the dollar, this little Fender is a good bang for the buck. Mine has a 1 piece alder body with decent grain figuring, it's maple/maple neck has decent graining also. Not plush but not a "Plain Jane".... I know there are some questions about how good/bad these Standards are, but my vote goes with the Standard. It is comfy to play even tho a tad on the heavy side, it is a nice looking Tele as well plus it sounds great !

Glenn

Attached Files:

3. robb3566

robb3566 Tele-Afflicted

UMass, I sure do love that Blue Agave color. Looks good with the red tortoise pickguard too!

4. Authan

Authan TDPRI Member

Here it is

[​IMG]

It's a 2007 with no mods as of yet. I fell in love with this guitar the first time I played it, so I've been a little hesitant to change anything--but we'll see :D

5. Drunkinminer

Drunkinminer Tele-Holic

MIM

Here's my Two MIMs. They both have the same mods except the pickup and the Pickguard.

Vintage tuners, 3 Saddle Bridge, LP style Jackplate, countersunk string ferrules, custom neckplate.

The Tele has a Seymour Duncan stl-1 and str-1. The Esquire has a Seymour stl-1b pickup.
    100_2863.jpg
    100_2897.jpg

6. ayetee

ayetee Tele-Meister

2003 Agave Blue

2003 Agave Blue MIM Standard.

Attached Files:

7. brianbanjos

brianbanjos TDPRI Member

Over Memorial Day weekend I picked up a 08 or 09 arctic white standard new at G.C. No pics yet. Has a tinted neck which I preferred over the satin clear look. Played a bunch of them and this one along with a burst one sounded the best of the ones in stock at Albany GC on that day. (There was one particular Squire Affinity Tele in blonde with a black pickguard that sounded amazing too, like it had some magical ju ju going on..almost made me reconsider an authentic Fender)

I'm not planning a bunch of upgrades. The tuners feel cheap to me. They work fine but I'm used to really nice tuners. I'll probably get a professional setup done once the novelty has worn off and I can live without it for a few days. The standard setup is pretty good but I'd like a slightly lower action at the nut. Otherwise I'm happy. The fretwork is perfect as is intonation. It sounds and plays great. I'm playing through a Vox with just a hint of reverb and tremelo. I've found a pretty bluesy tone with this combo which is just what I had in mind.

When I play out it's acoustic, either guitar or banjo, so the Tele for now is just for fun at home. I can't imagine what "better" pickups or other changes will gain me personally at this point. (although I fully understand the urge to mod these things..) I really think it's more or less pretty good as it is. I like to think I know good work when I see it and the current MIM Fenders offer IMHO authentic affordable quality.

8. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

n1637934675_121438_546081.jpg

Here's mine (excuse the poor camera phone shot):

'07 MIM with the following mods:

1.) Warmoth black/white/black pickguard
    2.) GFS humbucker in the neck

Thinking of switching back to original tele neck pu.

9. martin82

martin82 Tele-Meister

My 2006-7 Standard Telecaster, strap locks, vintage bridge, brass saddles, Terrapin black pearl pickguard, and DiMarzio Twang King neck and bridge pups

[​IMG]

10. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've got a '99 MIM Std. Jazz Bass that I bought new 10 years ago. It's been a fantastic bass. I put TI Flats on it way back when. My son has been learning on it.

11. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

Went back to the tuxedo look

Eh, the humbucker didn't go so well with my Epiphone Swanky Modded Valve Junior, so I switched back to single coil neck pickup and white pickguard. :rolleyes:

12. Fierce

Fierce TDPRI Member

I shall put pics up of mine this evening when I get in

When I bought it, it looked like this:

[​IMG]

I've replaced the pick guard to a black pearl, but I'm not sold on it yet. Gonna get a white one too for comparison purposes

I've also got a P90 for the neck, but I've not installed it yet as haven't decided whether I'll like that sound better than having a coil tapped HB in it

Question: I think the HB sounds pretty muddy, should i lower it do you think? Or is an upgrade necessary? I play loud aggressive music ftr

Also, I just won a Wilkinson compensated bridge for £15 ($25) delivered, good deal?

[​IMG]

It states its chrome, but it looks gold/brass. Either way, I want to relic it if poss, how would I go about it?

Thanks

13. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Added my first Tele to the lineup, finally! I know it's about time...

A 2000 MIM that's Artic White? I'll be looking for the MIM color options offered in 2000-2001. Here's the before, and will take better digital pix, soon. Thinking the Red Tort. was added after the factory? I'm excited! :D
    [​IMG]

14. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

You can sort of see it in the signature. 2006 MIM Standard with Bill Lawerence Keystone Pick ups. Bought it new as a floor model at GC for $250. Was in perfect condition and played better than the American Standard that I compared it with. The "Keystones" set me back $57. I have a mint condition Gibson RD Artist that is suffering from neglect as I play this Tele at least 90% of the time.

15. svroom

svroom TDPRI Member

'08 Std 'burst all stock for the moment.
    [​IMG]

16. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Arrived today, my first Telecaster, a pre-owned 2000 MIM. Every bit of 8 lbs. 15 oz., havin' fun w/ "Matilda"...:D

[​IMG]

17. richardmac

richardmac TDPRI Member

Just bought from a friend of mine today. Loving it.
    [​IMG]

18. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

My 2004 Agave Blue. Fender parchment pearloid guard, Wilkinson vintage-style bridge with compensated saddles, Seymour Duncan Broadcaster bridge pickup, Fender Twisted Tele neck pickup, and a reversed control plate. I could go back to bone stock and be completely happy.

[​IMG]

19. Teleblooz

Teleblooz Tele-Afflicted

Very pretty. It has kind of a frosty North-Pole look to it with that pearloid guard. I also have an Agave blue (2002) with the Wilky bridge and reversed control plate. Do you play it with the ashtray on?
    [​IMG]

20. Kestrel

Kestrel Tele-Afflicted

On the planet where the alphabet starts with "Z"
    My MIM Standard, all stock. I've not considered doing any mods at this time as I love her as is.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.