MIM Nashville Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by consumnfire1229, Jan 1, 2017.

1. consumnfire1229

consumnfire1229 TDPRI Member

Did Fender ever produce a black Nashville tele with a maple board made in Mexico?

2. The Little Guy

The Little Guy Tele-Meister

3. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Not that I know of. The only ones I've seen are CAR, BSB, and Sunburst. That's for the recently discontinued Deluxe series that was around for over 10 years.

For the new Nashvilles, with the Noiseless Pickups, it looks like they discontinued the BSB color and replaced it with White Blonde and Daphne Blue. The CAR was replaced with Fiesta Red, but Sunburst is still available.

If you want a black Nashville with a maple board, I recommend you grab a Triple Tele while you still can.

4. KMBkelly

KMBkelly TDPRI Member

They had a nashville power tele that came out in black. It's got an acoustic function in it as well as the 3 pickups. Fishman bridge if I remember correctly.

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

JayFreddy likes this.
  6. consumnfire1229

consumnfire1229 TDPRI Member

A little more thorough investigating revealed a modded squier....unfortunately it will not be NGD for me :(

7. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

A fair number of Teles come from the factory routed for a middle pickup, so you could purchase one with a black finish and a maple neck. Then add the extra middle pickup and a rewire with a five way switch. The Little Guy mentions a Blackout model that already has three pickups and wiring to support them. Just swap out the middle pickup for a Strat pickup and you're good to go.

The original Nashville Teles came with a 1.685" neck width, while the newer versions and many other MIM Teles come with a 1.650" neck width at the nut. If that's not an issue you have a fair number of choices available to you.

FWIW, my favorite Nashville "ish" configuration has a standard Tele bridge pickup, a Strat middle pickup and a P-90 at the neck. The P-90 needs to be underwound or it will overwhelm the other two pickups. Use the Nashville B-Bander wiring scheme and you have a really versatile guitar.

Good luck.

8. MMARSH

MMARSH Tele-Meister

How about the new Nashvilles? Nice colors, I like the Vintage Noiseless pickups on mine.

Straydogger and brbadg like this.
  9. PhatBoy

PhatBoy Tele-Afflicted

"Use the Nashville B-Bander wiring scheme and you have a really versatile guitar."

What does that offer?

10. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

1. Bridge
    2. Bridge & Middle
    3. Bridge & Neck
    4. Neck & Middle
    5. Neck

You lose the middle only selection, but gain the classic bridge/neck selection in position 3.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.