1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

milk paint

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by chucker, Apr 19, 2021.

1. chucker

chucker TDPRI Member

i am doing a few bodies in milk paint. it's an easy finish and right in there with the distressed theme.
    this one was done mixing a little yellow/oxide color into white by eye. it is shown with the first coat of linseed oil. the alder takes nice tone and the cream/light yellow color deepens with the amber linseed oil.
    the product was from the old fashioned milk paint company, snow white and marigold yellow. they mostly have drab colonial colors and there were just a few that were good for guitar bodies.

Attached Files:

Telekarster and Esquire Jones like this.
  2. Esquire Jones

Esquire Jones Tele-Meister

Milk paint is an interesting product. Nice to see it used on a guitar.

3. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Holic

I like it. Is this similar to whitewashing?

4. chucker

chucker TDPRI Member

you know if i thought harder i might have watered down the paint and achieved a whitewashed type finish like that. i didn't and put on multiple coats and sanded it back. the next project is a paulownia telecaster body in pure white milk paint. that will be a classic whitewash look. it could be a thought to do most of the effect with the brush on that one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.