Military design inspired bass/guitar

KisekaeVIM

TDPRI Member
Hi,
Let me start this thread again as my previous post was removed. (i didn't know i had to register as a vendor user)

I am making a bass and a guitar model which design is inspired by guns or some kind of military thing. Here is the prototype bass. (this is my 4th proto)

hrc5.jpg

hrb1.jpg

hr07.jpg

hr03.jpg

The body consists of MANY pieces and I am using screws to assemble the body, use of glue is minimum.
hl-screws1.jpg

I am now finalizing the specifications and making production version of this bass and guitar at the same time. The Prototype was mostly plywood but I will use thick solid alder for the center core.
hrc11.jpg

Katsumi

KisekaeVIM

TDPRI Member
I think the neck dive was not a big issue with the proto but I may offer this picatinny rail option to improve the balance.
hrc12.jpg

The bass leg rest did not work for the guitar version so I had to make slightly smaller parts.
Too many templates in my shop! The black one is an another design I'd like to try.

hrc13.jpg

KisekaeVIM

TDPRI Member
Thank you for the nice comments!

Discovered an issue with the prototype. Since the finish is very thin and the body has many sharp edges and corners, it "relics" very fast. I love aged finish guitars and I was enjoying the distressed look but that was until I see 'layers' of plywood starts to chip off.

badrelic.jpg

Oh no, this is ugly! Baltic Birch plywood is hard and usable but it's edge couldn't get a lot of abuse. Unfortunately this part of the wing is where the bass touches to the floor. So, I've switched the material to ABS for the lower wing parts. Luckily, the ABS is black so I don't have to paint it.

absparts.jpg

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
I must admit when I saw the word military in the description the first thing I thought of was “this dude is going to make a guitar that can do push-ups”.

Harbinger77

Tele-Holic
I reckon that would outsell the vast majority of metal oriented production models out there..