Mike Campbell is back!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by getbent, Jan 13, 2020.

1. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Boys Of Summer is a great track. That alone probably does cement him as a class writer. That said, I can't get passed Stevie Nick's bleating to know if anything on her solo albums is worthwhile.

Greggorios likes this.
  2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

noted.

I think she is pretty great. She said once her one unfulfilled desire was to be a Heartbreaker... she asked multiple times to join the band and Tom and Mike famously said, 'no girls in the band.'

3. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

I dont think you speak for the internet, I think that the original tone of your reply was that the Jury is still out on whether he co wrote with Tom Petty...."Wow the internet" was a reflection of how weird people get (trying to be polite here...) on the internett and your comment was just that, becasue in terms of his co writing being "Jury's still out" deal, your plain wrong.

However I concede that I may have interpreted what you said wrong or perhaps it could have been written better.

for ref. orginal comment.
    "I think that sells him a little short considering he co-wrote with Tom many of the Heartbreakers' hits."

your reply.
    "The jury is still out on that one. And, now that Petty is gone, he has to prove it. So far, not so good."

On a side track, I donty think the song is a smash hit either. Its a good basic song with full elements of TP&THBKRS in the sound.

To me it is GREAT news that music along those lines is being made again after such a devstating loss it must have been for Mr Campbell to have gone through. He had previousley said it woudl take him a while to get back in to it if he ever did.....which on a human / humane level is pretty understandable. Maybe not so much at an "internet expert" level though :)

That is my context.

4. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

I pretty much agree with you, it s a nice song not a great song. Baring in mind that the majority of songs from bands we like are just okay songs with a few special "hits" intermingled randomly...

Anyway, my argument was that he definitely was a co writer which at first glanced seemed to be in dispute by that one persons post...hopefully clarified above...

artdecade likes this.
  5. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

TP and the Heartbreakers would never have their sound without Mike just as the Stones without Kieth wouldn't sound like the stones.

KWal, Geo and Greggorios like this.
  6. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

I agree to an extent; the lyrics aren't quite as clever or deep as a Petty song (no surprise) but the musicianship is top notch. I think i'm gonna like those guys, hope they keep going.

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  7. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Mike and band are scheduled to play at the new Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville, March 15.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.