Mika, my beautiful cat has passed away

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I know this is Mika's time but my 21yr old, Elly, is the most loving cat I've ever had. For years now she cuddles into my armpit and rests her head on my shoulder. Later she will scoot off and sleep right next to me and be there in the morning She is also a very beautiful cat, she has like 5 colors, brown, rust, white, tan and a grey grizzled color in her slightly long haired coat. When she goes that will be very hard, 21 that's getting old. My other 19 yr old girl is a tuxedo and very sweet but a bit of a pita in a good way. She's a bit nervous and unsure about me in her kitty world, after 19yrs she's still like that, she also presents her butt to me, total animal instinct stuff. Her name is Lucy.

gkterry

Tele-Afflicted
They are all unique and can never be replaced. We had to have our 17 year old cat put to sleep a few months ago. I still grieve her like a human family member. She brought so much joy to our lives for so long and she was a superbly behaved cat, too. Relish the good times and when/ if you get ready for another cat the memories still remain.

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
So sorry for your loss. They become like our children. Our cat tribble passed at 21 years old four years ago. My wife and I think about and talk about her every day.

kuch

Tele-Holic
Sorry about Mika. RIP.

We lost a cat last year that was with us for 14 years. Her "sister" passed 2 years before her. Both were gone way too soon. The saddest times of my life..... They were my companions for most of that time when I worked at home and I really miss them.

It took a while but we adopted 2 brother cats this February and they've been great but I still miss my little girls.....

Take care

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Sorry to hear it. It's not "manly man" but I find it's best for me if I can shed a few tears with someone I trust who is willing to listen. Preferably a close female friend or spouse. I make sure I have a hanky or a paper towel in my pocket everywhere I go for the next several days, cuz the grief can just hit when you least expect it. Doesn't take much of anything to remind you of kitty, and the tears are almost instant then. Just go thru it and always remember your purrrdy friend!

What a boootiful kitty! Purrrdy kitty!

telesun

TDPRI Member
Sorry to read about your Mika. It is the one hardest thing about having critters in the family is they never live long enough and losing them is always so heartbreaking.
Hang in there. R.I.P Mika.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
I raised a kitten that was abandoned by it's mother when I was 3 years old. I hid him in the dresser of my room and fed it milk from an eye dropper without my parents knowledge. When his eyes opened, he just saw me and I think he imprinted me as his mother.

For 5 years, Tigger slept in my bed and went everywhere with me. We were the original Calvin and Hobbes and he was my best friend all during those years. He would always be waiting at the end of the driveway when the school bus would bring me home, we would sit out on the deck with a bag of doritos or something and he would just purr away as I talked about how my day went.

One day, during this ritual, he just looked up at me with a very sad look. Climbed up and gave me a gentle head butt before just walking off. He never left my side for 5 years, but now he just slowly walked away. My parents called me in for supper and assured me that Tigger would be back as he never missed a meal before....but he never did. I never did see him again, it was as if he knew that he was leaving for good when he gave me that little head butt.

Fast forward 23 years when I drowned in a rip tide. Before I was revived, I had a dream that I was back in my childhood bedroom and there was Tigger sitting on the bed. He greeted me and just sat next to me purring loudly as I talked. At one point, there was a knock on the door and when I tried to leave, Tigger kept trying to block the path. Eventually, I stepped passed him and opened the door.....woke up in the back of an ambulance on the way to the ER.

Tigger will have to wait, but I suspect that he will be there again down the road, just as your Mika will be.
That is the most incredible story I have read in a long time. Thank you for this. Stories like this help us all when the going gets tough.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Mika has the softest little meow in that video, but full of character and love. I'm so sorry for you. I hope you can find some comfort in your other kitties. Even if they don't show it, they need you now more than ever.

Our little one just turned 15 this month. She is still spry and agile like a kitten, and she plays every day. But with each passing year I dread the inevitable more and more.

I just went to a memorial service for a friend this past weekend, but that didn't affect me like the way I feel when even a stranger loses a pet animal. RIP Mika, you were loved.

teleplayr

Friend of Leo's
So sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy.

We've had two cats that are brothers. We lost one due to cancer and he's still missed many years later He was kind of crazy and we'd tell people that he was bi-polar. We still have his brother, who's at least 12 years old and still going strong, he's solid white and is named "Spook" He likes to crawl in bed and sleep with me at night and whenever I take a nap during the day. He actually likes to have his belly rubbed like a dog! LOL

They are our companions, buddies and family members. Hopefully, whenever we pass they'll be there to greet us.

Hang in there!

Last edited: