Mika, my beautiful cat has passed away

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Mika was only 10, my other 2 cats are 19 and 21. Mika went fast one day she appeared sick, the next day she went outside and did the hiding thing. I couldn't find her. The day after that, I found her dead in the bramble. My other 2 cats seem totally fine. One more unexplainable thing in my life.

Last edited:

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I raised a kitten that was abandoned by it's mother when I was 3 years old. I hid him in the dresser of my room and fed it milk from an eye dropper without my parents knowledge. When his eyes opened, he just saw me and I think he imprinted me as his mother.

For 5 years, Tigger slept in my bed and went everywhere with me. We were the original Calvin and Hobbes and he was my best friend all during those years. He would always be waiting at the end of the driveway when the school bus would bring me home, we would sit out on the deck with a bag of doritos or something and he would just purr away as I talked about how my day went.

One day, during this ritual, he just looked up at me with a very sad look. Climbed up and gave me a gentle head butt before just walking off. He never left my side for 5 years, but now he just slowly walked away. My parents called me in for supper and assured me that Tigger would be back as he never missed a meal before....but he never did. I never did see him again, it was as if he knew that he was leaving for good when he gave me that little head butt.

Fast forward 23 years when I drowned in a rip tide. Before I was revived, I had a dream that I was back in my childhood bedroom and there was Tigger sitting on the bed. He greeted me and just sat next to me purring loudly as I talked. At one point, there was a knock on the door and when I tried to leave, Tigger kept trying to block the path. Eventually, I stepped passed him and opened the door.....woke up in the back of an ambulance on the way to the ER.

Tigger will have to wait, but I suspect that he will be there again down the road, just as your Mika will be.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I raised a kitten that was abandoned by it's mother when I was 3 years old. I hid him in the dresser of my room and fed it milk from an eye dropper without my parents knowledge. When his eyes opened, he just saw me and I think he imprinted me as his mother.

For 5 years, Tigger slept in my bed and went everywhere with me. We were the original Calvin and Hobbes and he was my best friend all during those years. He would always be waiting at the end of the driveway when the school bus would bring me home, we would sit out on the deck with a bag of doritos or something and he would just purr away as I talked about how my day went.

One day, during this ritual, he just looked up at me with a very sad look. Climbed up and gave me a gentle head butt before just walking off. He never left my side for 5 years, but now he just slowly walked away. My parents called me in for supper and assured me that Tigger would be back as he never missed a meal before....but he never did. I never did see him again, it was as if he knew that he was leaving for good when he gave me that little head butt.

Fast forward 23 years when I drowned in a rip tide. Before I was revived, I had a dream that I was back in my childhood bedroom and there was Tigger sitting on the bed. He greeted me and just sat next to me purring loudly as I talked. At one point, there was a knock on the door and when I tried to leave, Tigger kept trying to block the path. Eventually, I stepped passed him and opened the door.....woke up in the back of an ambulance on the way to the ER.

Tigger will have to wait, but I suspect that he will be there again down the road, just as your Mika will be.
Adopted a rescue kitty (see avatar) years ago. He was my besty. He got kidney disease and we had to put him down. I sat with him up until the end and watched the light go out in his sweet eyes. I cried like a baby - more than when either of my folks died. I truly believe that if there's such a place as heaven, I'll spend eternity there with my buddy curled up next to me purring.

One thing that helped me hold onto his memory was making lanterns from mason jars with little solar powered lights inside that glow in the evening or when they've been exposed to natural or artificial light. I have one in the garden, one in my office, and one in the window of our bedroom. I think of him when I see them and know he's thinking of me. You can get the parts on Amazon and they make great gifts.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm sorry that you have lost Mika, I really do know how it feels to lose a good friend from another kingdom. It hurts so bad, and no matter how tough you think you are you'll probably cry. I made my mark today in my journal, another week has passed since my best pal Toto passed from this world, I also draw a heart of love at the bottom of the page. Soon it will be four years that I have done this every Tuesday. R.I.P. Mika.