MIJ Traditional and Heritage Telecasters

balston11

Tele-Meister
Hi all
Not been on the forum for a while. Thought some might be interested in my new MIJ Traditional and Heritage pages. Traditional series 1 and 2 done and Heritage to follow very soon have a look at
As always I would appreciate any thoughts opinions corrections pointing out of any stupidity. Have I missed anything? Any LEs I have missed or just any comments.
I am aware that there is a 70s deluxe with trem model but I don't think it is part of the Traditional series. Could be wrong.
Otherwise just enjoy the pictures.

Peter Graham

TDPRI Member
The only comments I would make are that although the 50s Traditionals were intended for the Japanese domestic market, they have been sold more widely. A consignment came to Europe last year, although it appears to have been a one-off. I was told that it came because Telecaster demand was outstripping supply, but I don't know if that is true or not. Either way, a single instrument found its way to a fine music shop in sunny Morecambe (a place I am sure you know). From there, it found its way to Graham Towers where it will remain until one of us is no more.

Also, it was marketed as butterscotch blonde, which doesn't appear to be featured in your list of colours. Some blonde ones came over too - might that be the same as US blonde in your list?

balston11

Tele-Meister
The only comments I would make are that although the 50s Traditionals were intended for the Japanese domestic market, they have been sold more widely. A consignment came to Europe last year, although it appears to have been a one-off. I was told that it came because Telecaster demand was outstripping supply, but I don't know if that is true or not. Either way, a single instrument found its way to a fine music shop in sunny Morecambe (a place I am sure you know). From there, it found its way to Graham Towers where it will remain until one of us is no more.

Also, it was marketed as butterscotch blonde, which doesn't appear to be featured in your list of colours. Some blonde ones came over too - might that be the same as US blonde in your list?
Indeed I do know Morecambe I shall be attending a party there in 2 weeks.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
The Heritage Tele's having a 1.615" nut width is a puzzler for me. The Blackguard book demonstrated how there were a few trends, by year range, with neck profiles, but otherwise the early necks varied like snowflakes. This is the first time I've seen an implication that early necks were narrow and consistently enough to consider that a standard.

balston11

Tele-Meister
The Heritage Tele's having a 1.615" nut width is a puzzler for me. The Blackguard book demonstrated how there were a few trends, by year range, with neck profiles, but otherwise the early necks varied like snowflakes. This is the first time I've seen an implication that early necks were narrow and consistently enough to consider that a standard.
Interesting point I think what they say about true vintage specs should be taken as marketing in this aspect I don't think the nut width is because of vintage accuracy. In the traditional series the first ones were 1.65" which I would consider as near as you are going to get to the vintage intention. In the second series they said they changed this to 1.615" to suit Japanese hands I suspect that is why the heritage is that width.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Interesting point I think what they say about true vintage specs should be taken as marketing in this aspect I don't think the nut width is because of vintage accuracy. In the traditional series the first ones were 1.65" which I would consider as near as you are going to get to the vintage intention. In the second series they said they changed this to 1.615" to suit Japanese hands I suspect that is why the heritage is that width.

Designing for the domestic market makes sense to me. Thanks.