1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mighty Mite necks?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Phatius, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Tele-Meister

i think when it gets to a point that you start hearing more bad than good on a company its time to move on. if your happy with his work and are willing to take the risk then go for it. its your money, your guitar.
    as for the numbers here that are reporting bad news, there has got to be something to it wouldnt you think? i mean im sure everybody isnt out to get him. usually in a situation like this where a person has a growing number of customers reporting that they got burnt, its only a matter of time before he gets to you too. so take this for what its worth, and do what you feel is best for you, after all, thats what matters in the end anyways right?

2. stratdragon92

stratdragon92 TDPRI Member

Just slapped a MM V neck on one of my strats. It isn't a nice as the one warmoth neck I have but it was also half the price. I was looking for a V shaped rosewood neck on the cheap to try out. The fret edges are a little sharp, but I've seen the same on Fender's off the rack. I just bolted it onto a body and strung it up, and it plays nice. I'm probably going to get it set up this weekend and maybe have a new nut installed and cut.

My only complaint is that the string spacing seemed a bit too wide. The E strings are pretty close to the edge of the board.

3. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

I've got one Mighty Mite neck, as well as three Warmoth necks. Got the Mighty Mite from Ebay, from a guy called "jcguitars" (or something like that", who supposedly checks all of those necks before he ships them.
    The neck is OK - for the money; no sharp fret ends on mine; cheesy plastic nut; my MM neck has a satin finish, which is OK, considering that I hate lacquered nekcs, and love wax/oil-finished ones...
    I really can't complain about the MM neck I got, it is quite OK (even withoug taking the price into consideration); yet I stll like my Warmoth necks A LOT better - they have the exact specifications I'm looking for (1-3/4" nut width, stainless steel frets), their "standard thin" profile feels more comfortable than the medium-thick MM profile (totally a matter of personal taste, I know...), and they sound better - even thoguh the Warmoth Pro necks are sometimes maligned by a few individuals for their dual action truss rods (which, supposedly, make them sound thinner), and even though I have SS frets on them (sometimes said to give "plinky" tones - I disagree very strongly about this!), my thin Warmoth necks sound a lot fatter, warmer, fuller than my plinky, thin-sounding Mighy Mite neck (admittedly, the MM has a maple fretboard, my Warmoths have rosewood and pao ferro boards...)

Also, don't forget that a basic Warmoth Tele neck is only 157$ that's not that much more than a Mighty Mite or Allparts neck, and you get to choose some specs (nut width, profile - within limits, fret type,...)

4. Ken Maggs

Ken Maggs TDPRI Member

I see some of us have based the reputation of a body and neck manufacturer on a conversation with them only---hmmm--tells me a lot!!---How much do people expect for
    a few dollars--back in the old days people only paid for things when they were completed and met their full expectations. As time went on and labour became more
    expensive suppliers started to ask for 25% and then 50% down. And many times more than not they got burned for the final amount and were stuck with what they just made and stuck to meet the payroll of the people that were involved making it.
    Times are tight and we all have dreams-- I'd like a custom plasma tv but I doubt any tv manufacturer will take 50% down, make it for me and hope for the best on the balance----As far as B Hefner is concerned I have read as many good things about him as bad--and yeah he is not a people person but then again I"m sure he knows that by now-- I never call him and expect to be treated like a cheap date just" tell them what they want to hear" I appreciate the truth and I always get it--When I read all the reviews in this post alone there are good and bad things said about most of those mentioned-I'm sure if he ever gets big he'll hire someone for the phone to treat everyone like a cheap date--
    All I know is opinions are like A holes--everyone has one but most of them stink
    muggsy

5. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

I've bought three MM necks; Strat, Tele and J-bass and have no real complaints, outside of the plastic nuts (replaced with Tusq) and a bit of fret sprout on the Tele neck- 5 minutes with a needle file took care of that. I paid about $90 for each, which puts it under the least expensive Allparts price I've found by $40.

6. Ken Maggs

Ken Maggs TDPRI Member

Define opinion!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.