Midweek Backing Tracks - Your Choice

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@Squier by Squier - Nice deep tone, very restrained approach, but the emotion comes through.
@NWinther - I like it! Kind of heavy EDM. Then it goes introspective spaghetti western at the end.
@fendrguitplayr - Kind of a rubber-boinky EDM All Along the Watchtower. Very cool and a lot of fun! Track 2: Sounds like a bluesy strat neck pickup. Nice smooth tone and cool lines.
@ASATKat - Dat's da blues alright! The change in pickups works nice too. Take 2: Are you saying jazz is not normal? Nice take!
@Mellencaster - Cool tones and ideas! Sounds like a synth guitar at times.
@Alan L Cole - Thoughtful and dynamic. Your finger vibrato comes through nicely here.
@Thoughtfree - I think one guitar is playing the blues and the other is asking "Say what?" But then a mountain troll walked into the studio and started a Dead jam.
@Mjark - Cool dance moves! It is amazing how infectious that four-on-the-floor beat is. Nice whammy on the break, but you didn't come back from the drop.
@G-52 - More spaghetti western EDM! I can see Clint Eastwood dancing into town while the townspeople line the street doing dance moves.
@ghostchord - That does sound like a party, but who's partying, I dunno. Sounds wild! Maybe Tralfamadorians celebrating the birth of the universe with some wandering Moomintrolls.
@estreet - Since I am calling genres this time around, I'd say EDM surf. Lots of nice tones here and even a synth. Do you play raves in addition to pubs? And then a blues too! Not so sleazy though. Quite refined in its down and dirtiness, actually.
@warthog - What scale are you using here? It creates an interesting effect. Nice distorted tone about midway through. Sounds like pre-strat Clapton.
@beagle - Nice theme at the beginning and nice development. I like the clean tone too!

G-52

Tele-Holic
@Squier by Squier - Nice deep tone, very restrained approach, but the emotion comes through.
@NWinther - I like it! Kind of heavy EDM. Then it goes introspective spaghetti western at the end.
@fendrguitplayr - Kind of a rubber-boinky EDM All Along the Watchtower. Very cool and a lot of fun! Track 2: Sounds like a bluesy strat neck pickup. Nice smooth tone and cool lines.
@ASATKat - Dat's da blues alright! The change in pickups works nice too. Take 2: Are you saying jazz is not normal? Nice take!
@Mellencaster - Cool tones and ideas! Sounds like a synth guitar at times.
@Alan L Cole - Thoughtful and dynamic. Your finger vibrato comes through nicely here.
@Thoughtfree - I think one guitar is playing the blues and the other is asking "Say what?" But then a mountain troll walked into the studio and started a Dead jam.
@Mjark - Cool dance moves! It is amazing how infectious that four-on-the-floor beat is. Nice whammy on the break, but you didn't come back from the drop.
@G-52 - More spaghetti western EDM! I can see Clint Eastwood dancing into town while the townspeople line the street doing dance moves.
@ghostchord - That does sound like a party, but who's partying, I dunno. Sounds wild! Maybe Tralfamadorians celebrating the birth of the universe with some wandering Moomintrolls.
@estreet - Since I am calling genres this time around, I'd say EDM surf. Lots of nice tones here and even a synth. Do you play raves in addition to pubs? And then a blues too! Not so sleazy though. Quite refined in its down and dirtiness, actually.
@warthog - What scale are you using here? It creates an interesting effect. Nice distorted tone about midway through. Sounds like pre-strat Clapton.
@beagle - Nice theme at the beginning and nice development. I like the clean tone too!
Very cool comments! Never much of a movie buff (until Covid) so I had to Google ‘spaghetti Western’; interesting history and genre, thanks:)

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Ha! It was that far out?
Define far out?

To me far out could mean stretching our creativity beyond our comfortable "no place like home".

Only when we're far out there do we confront our true sense of creativity beyond playing what has become cliche for our styles, is it good or uninteresting to the listener? No guarantees.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Metal?? Never played any metal in my life :)
Zappa....now that is something I hear often.....
But nobody plays like Frank.... :)
Well, I had my reasons for commenting. Nobody plays like NWinther. Your playing is as signature as your fingerprints.

Did I say you were as good as Zappa? No, forgive me but no. Zappa was a unique musician, brilliant composer of creatively impossible things to play that he could play. Bu I heard you sway in his direction in my own head.

I must admit that at the time I posted, I was in a bout with a tooth abscess that burst through it's capsule and went systemic and I was so confused, it scrambled my head, I thought my dentist was a different person lol, then I came home and critiqued your playing as I started antibiotics. Still, doesn't matter, three days into my antibiotic therapy and feeling better than in months, my critique stands.

Last edited:

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
;) Well I do not care much about being as "good" as anybody else!
That never drove me to playing as it is....why do the same as others?
I just want to play what I hear in my head......
The rest is just buggering mechanics to me!
As for Zappa, I meant that I sometimes listen to alot of Zappa....
For him I just use the word...music....what ever it is it is of no matter...it is just music :)

Last edited: