Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 09.29.21

TwoBear

Tele-Afflicted
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14321186

I don't know what happened with the two songs on top of this they have different numbers but it's the same song on Sclick. To further complicated I played the intro very similar. Tokai reborn L.P. w Seymour '59s PodGo, Mathews FX Architect.
IMG_20211001_090737.jpg

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

TwoBear

Tele-Afflicted
Since I'm coming back to #3 daily, I thought, I'd share some progress. This track is a great exercise!

https://soundclick.com/r/s8izz3

Strat used, mainly neck PU
Cool! The main and surrounding tones of the guitar sound very good and I like when you can hear that ‘spring of the strings’ that upper presence. I too didn’t want to step on the other solos, so as a guitar player I couldn’t think of anything other than either play a funky scratch line and possibly a string like patch on top and I think that’s what I ended up doing. It is a good exercise because we will get asked quite frequently to add a part or parts to finish a tune, or kick up a little sparkle and dust. Sounds like you have good timing, and it seemed like you had a bunch of ideas kicking around where we are left with a millisecond to bring them to fruition. These are a lot of fun to do and to listen to others takes on them. It’s like school days! Hey there’s an old one that might be fun?

tomasz

Tele-Holic
Cool! The main and surrounding tones of the guitar sound very good and I like when you can hear that ‘spring of the strings’ that upper presence. I too didn’t want to step on the other solos, so as a guitar player I couldn’t think of anything other than either play a funky scratch line and possibly a string like patch on top and I think that’s what I ended up doing. It is a good exercise because we will get asked quite frequently to add a part or parts to finish a tune, or kick up a little sparkle and dust. Sounds like you have good timing, and it seemed like you had a bunch of ideas kicking around where we are left with a millisecond to bring them to fruition. These are a lot of fun to do and to listen to others takes on them. It’s like school days! Hey there’s an old one that might be fun?

School days, you can call it that! Now though, there is no other than yourself to enforce the schooling ;)
I try to approach those as exercises in breaking out of the usual patterns, that I would use jamming.. you know, all this stuff that just comes easy. And for a change I want to try to be musical, catch myself wherever I dive into too well known territory and try to find a way out. So I usually start with understanding the track, trying to think about how to contribute the best to it, what is going on, where which emotions go on and where they lead? I like this one a lot, as it wants you to respect other instruments and parts, it unwinds and then calms down, so there is no immediate shredding or high power solo.. you need to get there through some challenges and make the few seconds be rewarding for yourself and the listener. That is the challenge here and I love it :) The more times I try from different angles, the more it gets under your skin and in the end its no more about performing a solo, but finding the right place in the mix and telling a story

What is your take? :)

Carl_Tone

Tele-Holic
Wow that's a kickin' version of All Blues (2) I'll give it a run when time allows.

TwoBear

Tele-Afflicted
I'm super late on this one. It's been a busy couple of weeks here.

My usual MIM Tele with a Kent Armstrong Tele Humbucker in the bridge and Peavey Rock Master rack preamp.

That was a great! Do you like steak sauce cause I’m passing you the A1!
Cool tone, theme, licks, build, mix… to paraphrase burgess Meredith from grumpy old men- You got ‘em all— The very last quote about 2mins.

TwoBear

Tele-Afflicted
School days, you can call it that! Now though, there is no other than yourself to enforce the schooling ;)
I try to approach those as exercises in breaking out of the usual patterns, that I would use jamming.. you know, all this stuff that just comes easy. And for a change I want to try to be musical, catch myself wherever I dive into too well known territory and try to find a way out. So I usually start with understanding the track, trying to think about how to contribute the best to it, what is going on, where which emotions go on and where they lead? I like this one a lot, as it wants you to respect other instruments and parts, it unwinds and then calms down, so there is no immediate shredding or high power solo.. you need to get there through some challenges and make the few seconds be rewarding for yourself and the listener. That is the challenge here and I love it :) The more times I try from different angles, the more it gets under your skin and in the end its no more about performing a solo, but finding the right place in the mix and telling a story

What is your take? :)
That is exactly my take on One of the songs I think from this latest batch, it’s a funky song and there’s not a lot of room, I mean of course you could just wank over the groove, but it seems to be so much more fun to try and find little parts. That’s what I would do when I used to play all the time live, either with my own band or sitting in with my friends especially on older songs where we would all get a kick out of changing them but still making them audience friendly. I’ve been reading guitar player magazine, well I haven’t in probably 20 years but from the first issue I was reading it every month and one thing I remember was a studio cat Talking about how he just did a completely simple little part and that’s all he thought it needed and he was right because the producer was happy and that’s the name of the game.