Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 09.29.21

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@fendrguitplayr - Nice relaxed feel. Nice shimmery tone. A pleasant listen, just drifting along. I wonder where the Rain King goes when the sun comes out?
@Alan L Cole - Lovely tone. Strat-o-quack? I like the ascending and descending lines. Too bad about the evil Soundcloud algorithm.
@miguelalmeida - The tone is quietly cosmic. Nice feel throughout.
@bgmacaw - The slide sounds really appropriate on this track. Lovely round tone too. Kind of melancholy.
@klasaine - Cool piano and synth stuff. Were you playing the nylon string with a pick? Sometimes it sounded like a pick but sometimes not.
@tomasz - The slightly crunchy tone works well here. I like the way the intensity builds. Interesting play off of the delay at the end. Since I live in California, I couldn't move here, but I enjoyed the track anyway. :)
@bigbreak - It sounds like your studio has been invaded by creatures! As always, the pedal steel sounds lovely. And maybe that's a baritone? And then a dobro? Lots of stuff going one here.

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
@klasaine[/USER] - Cool piano and synth stuff. Were you playing the nylon string with a pick? Sometimes it sounded like a pick but sometimes not.

I did use a pick. I don't have the chops to play what I hear using the trad classical (all fingers) technique on a nylon string.
*I did not play any piano or synth. That's all in the BT ... and it's really great. Gave me a chance to do some very 80s smooth jazz, chorused out rhythm guitar.

tomasz

Tele-Holic
Took the opportunity to keep working on my nylon string.

Great phrasing and feel! I love that you followed the motive whenever needed and unfolded a solo in the right spot. The choice of nylon string is doing very well here! :)

tomasz

Tele-Holic
@Ala
@tomasz - The slightly crunchy tone works well here. I like the way the intensity builds. Interesting play off of the delay at the end. Since I live in California, I couldn't move here, but I enjoyed the track anyway. :)

Thank you for the kind words! The delay is constant during the entire take, the phrases at the end are actually picked like that (fingerstyle).. timing is more than a tad off ;)

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Lets try it with SoundClick ... https://soundclick.com/r/s8ixl8

MIM Tele with CC in the neck.

*The ironic thing is that SoundCloud didn't bust me because I play 'All Blues' by Miles Davis. They say there's a BT prod co. that "owns" it ... "6/8 Jazz Blues" by Practice-Tracks, which is owned by KJ Records in certain territories.

Last edited:

ghostchord

Tele-Holic
Thanks for the tracks Alan! I think #1 has really interesting potential but I donno if I captured it yet:

I wanted to add a rhythm track but I couldn't quite hear/figure out the chords so ended up with some partial rhythm.
It's interesting how it sounds very different to me when I'm playing lead vs. what I hear when I listen to the recording... Partly my setup I'm sure.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Yes there is but no drums -

I'm not sure where I got the version I posted as I collect these BT when participating in sites that post them. I probably should be more careful offering these though but no major issues so far. I don't think they'll be getting the track's .99 cents by running ads on my YouTube take though :rolleyes:. But that is a nice option for using it.