Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 07.06.22

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Oh, that's such a shame @Alan L Cole although having done this in another life, I appreciate the effort that it takes to make it all happen. I do hope someone takes up the mantle as I have just rediscovered these as a wonderful tool of practise.

Oh, and @SbS further to your comments about last week being a bit out of tune.
Changed the strings on the guitar but it still sounded a little bit out, but noticed in REAPER (and I am a relatively new user of it) that at the bottom right hand corner there is a control labelled RATE. I am assuming that it is the playback rate and it seems to default .976. Changing that to 1.0 seems the right thing as if an imported backing track is played back a little slower then the pitch will drop a little bit. Then, having the guitar tuned to concert pitch would put them both out by a little bit. Don't know why REAPER would be set to play back slower but hopefully I have got things back into tune (others will be the best judge of that) Thanks again for helping out.

I haven't touched that Reaper control and it is at 1.00 on my install. I think you must have accidentally tweaked it at some point.

jim_pridx

Tele-Afflicted
Hey Alan! Thanks for all of your hard work in posting all of the backing tracks for the last year! Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to play along and record with many of them, but I've certainly enjoyed listening to others do their thing. Thanks again!

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Just a suggestion here. and I don't have the time, though retired, to research enough really good tracks to do the job.
But, whoever, and bless you, that takes over, just post 1 track for the midweek and let @Mellencaster do 1 track for the weekend.
@Alan L Cole has been quite generous by providing 3 and 4 tracks, some from others like @clayville and a couple from myself. Finding one good track would be much easier than finding 3. IMO.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
How about anybody with a good backer post it on any day and if you want to
do a take you can. We might be able to get some players back who have PM'd
me about different genres for backing tracks?

Thanks for all the work you and Alan put into getting the tracks together. My work week has gotten hectic around the middle of the week since I have to go into the office more frequently now, spending a couple hours commuting as well as making an appearance of being in my cube for important folks. That's kept me from participating as much recently.

I like the idea of posting when we have them. Maybe someone could open a Mid-Week Open Jams thread on Tuesdays and put both backers and takes in that thread, labeling which are which of course.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
We’ve have Latin and Reggae tracks periodically. The others will likely decrease participation. This is a guitar forum after all.

estreet

Tele-Holic
Well done and thank you for doing it all this time @Alan L Cole. I'm quite happy to make and put up backing tracks occasionally but I don't always have the time so I don't want to commit to it. I might be on my own here and I'm sure a lot of people preferred it but I was more inclined to contribute a jam when there was only one choice - because it became a bit of a challenge when it was outside my comfort zone (ie: Jazz) and light relief when it wasn't. Maybe that's weird, but anyhow if someone is taking over the mantle regularly then I personally am happy with just one choice.