Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 07.06.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Here are this week's MidWeek backers.

Have fun, make some great music. And remember, “What’s normal anyways?”

*Please note:

I will no longer be supporting the MidWeek backers. This is my last MidWeek Backer post.

One year ago, Mike (@fendrguitplayr) asked me to take over the MidWeek Backers as he needed a break. I indicated at that time that I did not want to do this (done it before) but would as he needed a break. Mike does not want the MidWeeks back and after one year, I am done with them. So here is an opportunity for someone else to step up and run them, make them your own. You'll have to find or make the backing tracks, ensure they are in MP3 format so everyone can access them, set their lengths to roughly 3-4ish minutes, maybe fade them in/out, upload them to SoundCloud, then create the weekly post thread on TDPRI with the links to the backers in the current (or your new) format. Then there is the expectation that you will be writing critiques on everyone's submissions, which in my opinion is asking alot - s'up to you.

MP3s:

Clay's Corner:

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi Alan, thank you for all your hard work doing this. It has been a pleasure and a challenge, and even therapeutic for me.

I have the time and interest in providing backing tracks, but I lack the computer knowledge or I fear I'm lacking it. If somehow I realize I could do it I would jump on it. Time for some schooling.

Again, much respect to you, you did good.

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Yes, thanks Alan, I didn't know that I would end up with so many medical
issues but so goes life. Now is a good chance for others to post backers and
there doesn't need to be a timeframe. I started calling it "Midweek" to differentiate
from Mike's (Mellencaster) weekend challenges.

backing.jpg

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
This will be my last one for a month or so as I'm going out of town for a bit.
#2 ... I dig the cool Jeff Beck middle section and end.

P.S ... A giant thank you Alan for your BT contributions here.
I wouldn't be able to do it very consistently but I will find some here and there as I've done a few times in the past couple of years.

Last edited:

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Here are this week's MidWeek backers.

Have fun, make some great music. And remember, “What’s normal anyways?”

*Please note:

I will no longer be supporting the MidWeek backers. This is my last MidWeek Backer post.

One year ago, Mike (@fendrguitplayr) asked me to take over the MidWeek Backers as he needed a break. I indicated at that time that I did not want to do this (done it before) but would as he needed a break. Mike does not want the MidWeeks back and after one year, I am done with them. So here is an opportunity for someone else to step up and run them, make them your own. You'll have to find or make the backing tracks, ensure they are in MP3 format so everyone can access them, set their lengths to roughly 3-4ish minutes, maybe fade them in/out, upload them to SoundCloud, then create the weekly post thread on TDPRI with the links to the backers in the current (or your new) format. Then there is the expectation that you will be writing critiques on everyone's submissions, which in my opinion is asking alot - s'up to you.

MP3s:

Clay's Corner:

I'm sure everyone here appreciates your efforts. I did this task on another forum, so I feel your pain. Listening and commenting to all the posts is time consuming.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire

I wouldn't be able to do it very consistently but I will find some here and there as I've done a few times in the past couple of years.

Wow, smoking, you're going to be gone for a while. "Come back little Sheeba".

This really shows your skills and talent to pull it off.
A keeper.

Last edited:

[email protected]

TDPRI Member
Oh, that's such a shame @Alan L Cole although having done this in another life, I appreciate the effort that it takes to make it all happen. I do hope someone takes up the mantle as I have just rediscovered these as a wonderful tool of practise.

Oh, and @SbS further to your comments about last week being a bit out of tune.
Changed the strings on the guitar but it still sounded a little bit out, but noticed in REAPER (and I am a relatively new user of it) that at the bottom right hand corner there is a control labelled RATE. I am assuming that it is the playback rate and it seems to default .976. Changing that to 1.0 seems the right thing as if an imported backing track is played back a little slower then the pitch will drop a little bit. Then, having the guitar tuned to concert pitch would put them both out by a little bit. Don't know why REAPER would be set to play back slower but hopefully I have got things back into tune (others will be the best judge of that) Thanks again for helping out.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh, that's such a shame @Alan L Cole although having done this in another life, I appreciate the effort that it takes to make it all happen. I do hope someone takes up the mantle as I have just rediscovered these as a wonderful tool of practise.

Oh, and @SbS further to your comments about last week being a bit out of tune.
Changed the strings on the guitar but it still sounded a little bit out, but noticed in REAPER (and I am a relatively new user of it) that at the bottom right hand corner there is a control labelled RATE. I am assuming that it is the playback rate and it seems to default .976. Changing that to 1.0 seems the right thing as if an imported backing track is played back a little slower then the pitch will drop a little bit. Then, having the guitar tuned to concert pitch would put them both out by a little bit. Don't know why REAPER would be set to play back slower but hopefully I have got things back into tune (others will be the best judge of that) Thanks again for helping out.

Nice jamming, dancing for the mind.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

Excuse me one moment as I pick my jaw up from the floor! Dang that was good

Last edited:

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
thank you for all the tracks and hard work @Alan L Cole .
I'ts not easy coming up with 3 or 4 'different' tracks each week that holds everyones attention. I know there were quite a few that weren't going to work for me, but really appreciated those that did! Enjoy the down time, you deserve it.