Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 06.29.22

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thx Alan, #3. This one was really,really hard. Struggled with the changes, struggled with the dynamics. Methinks a swing and a miss.

Yeah, the start and some other parts maybe weren't in correct key. But then again, most parts & licks souned really good. You went to work and played it through, and that's already much more than I did with this track!

[email protected]

TDPRI Member
Yeah, the start and some other parts maybe weren't in correct key. But then again, most parts & licks souned really good. You went to work and played it through, and that's already much more than I did with this track!
Thanks for the feedback @SbS. I've been suspicious with the tuning on a few tracks and I think it's the fact that I haven't changed strings for as long as I can remember. (I'm talking years(lol)). I restrung my strat the other day and was amazed at how "crisp" it sounded. It appears that it's time to restring the others. Thx again.

Reactions: SbS

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Thx Alan, #3. This one was really,really hard. Struggled with the changes, struggled with the dynamics. Methinks a swing and a miss.

A swing-and-a-miss is better than no swing at all, Roger. You've got some nice playing in there nonetheless. Rock on!

I'm sicker than a dog but hopefully I'll be able to give it a shot later today.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
If anyone needs the changes for No. 2 ...

Fmaj7 - Eb13(b5) - Dm7 - Bbm6
Bbmaj7 - Dm7 - Gm7 - C7sus4 (C9)

*I'm not completely positive about the Bbm6 and the Bbmaj7.
Yes, the first two changes are a direct rip/sample of "Xmas Time is Here".
My bad …I thought these backing tracks were to improvise to …..not to play along with. Being that I play everything by ear. I just need to hear it thru once for the changes. Then I can come up with additional things to add to the backing track. Thanks though.