Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 06.22.22

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Alan, much appreciated

This is Clay's Corner,

I heard many songs in this. I attempted to hint at a couple. About 3/4 in I used a simple counterpoint Ala Jimmy Wyble to give the sense of two independent guitars, what I'm doing is very simple compared to the brilliance of Wyble. Oh well, a little honey is better than no honey.

If you haven't heard Jimmy Wyble listen to what little there is of him on YouTube.

Last edited:

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Well, this week God gave me Covid. A mercifully light case so here's No.1 ...

Sorry to hear you are sick, Ken. I do everything I can do to protect myself, vaccines, masking, etc., but have come to the realization that we are all going to get COVID at some point - it's just a matter of time. Being prepared for it, hopefully, will help. Get well soon. Great take on the BT, as usual.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thx @ASATKat, I like the way these jams add just that little bit of pressure and test you to come up with something different from last week. They are a great learning tool. Cheers
I agree, it's like a self imposed pressure I put on myself, a pressure to present something to the group that I created myself, the risk is high.

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Sorry to hear you are sick, Ken. I do everything I can do to protect myself, vaccines, masking, etc., but have come to the realization that we are all going to get COVID at some point - it's just a matter of time. Being prepared for it, hopefully, will help. Get well soon. Great take on the BT, as usual.
Yep, me too. Vax'd, boosted, relatively safe but right now it's EVERYWHERE. My kid got it at school 3 weeks ago - completely asymptomatic. My brother got it last week. I may have contracted it from him. We're all gonna get it at some point and I hope the case is as mild as mine. I feel like I have a bad summer cold. Anyway, I'm basically fine.

*Your take on the slow blues was excellent. That tone you've got going on is beautiful. Keep refining it.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Yep, me too. Vax'd, boosted, relatively safe but right now it's EVERYWHERE. My kid got it at school 3 weeks ago - completely asymptomatic. My brother got it last week. I may have contracted it from him. We're all gonna get it at some point and I hope the case is as mild as mine. I feel like I have a bad summer cold. Anyway, I'm basically fine.

*Your take on the slow blues was excellent. That tone you've got going on is beautiful. Keep refining it.
Glad everyone will be okay. Thanks for the track-and-tone comments - always a work in progress.