Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 05.11.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

Thanks Alan:) #2, Take Five (thanks @klasaine) I didn’t know the song and got the chart; I found the melody difficult/fast. Didn’t get to the second half (Satin Doll); maybe tomorrow👍

I thought that was great, Andrew; nice tone too!

clayville

Tele-Meister
I'm hoping to tackle some of these great backing tracks in the coming days... but meanwhile here's my original effort over #4. I played all the guitar on the backer to a click track and passed it along to my online friend Wolfgang/hayman who played bass and did the drum programming from somewhere in France back in the day, near the dawn of international amateur online collaboration. Thanks for picking it out Alan!

G-52

Tele-Holic
Take 5/Satin Doll medley.
*The time sig for Take 5 is correct in the bridge. Nothing weird or changed.
**Satin Doll on the other hand starts and ends abruptly. I faded it in and out.

So nice; it’s inspiring for me to hear how you carry the melodies in these jazz tunes. I liked the swing in Satin Doll; thanks for posting.

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
So nice; it’s inspiring for me to hear how you carry the melodies in these jazz tunes. I liked the swing in Satin Doll; thanks for posting.
Thanks for listening and thanks for commenting!
Take 5 is a hard tune. The melody over the B section is something I have to re-learn every time I know I'll need to play it. Soloing over that section is actually easier than playing the melody. I worked on it for at least 45 minutes today before I recorded it and I still didn't nail it.

Last edited:

G-52

Tele-Holic
Thanks for listening and thanks for commenting!
Take 5 is a hard tune. The melody over the section is something I have to re-learn every time I know I'll need to play it. Soloing over that section is actually easier than playing the melody. I worked on it for at least 45 minutes today before I recorded it and I still didn't nail it.
Do you pull the chart and/or listen to some recordings to refresh? Thank you:)

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Take 5/Satin Doll medley.
*The time sig for Take 5 is correct in the bridge. Nothing weird or changed.
**Satin Doll on the other hand starts and ends abruptly. I faded it in and out.

I agree - it's great to have you here, Ken, and to hear you play these tunes. In addition to Take 5, your take on Satin Doll is very cool.