Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 05.04.22

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Alan

I was very impressed with Ken's playing on this. In fact I dumped what I had ready to go. Ken's 16th note Benson playing is totally what this bt needs and I can't play like that. So I do what I do and fall back on chords, my safety net for not pulling off Benson or any fast articulate single note playing for that matter. Chords are a different thing altogether, easier for me. You guys have heard my lack of shred. Thank goodness for Bill Frisell to show me how cool slowhand can be and it's ok. At least my son is quick as lightning and a technical wiz, not fair lol/cry.

Keep Me Hanging On

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Here are this week's MidWeek backers.

Your mission, Twangers, should you choose to accept it, is to "have fun and make some great music!"
As always, should you or any TDPRI member be caught playing clams or playing out of key, TDPRI Moderators will disavow any knowledge of your posting. This message may self-destruct at some point.

MP3s:

Clay's Corner:

I did four of these, not that I think they're all different, I was just experimenting with different sounds. Maybe I'll try one more and see if I can fit the mission impossible theme in there!

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Absolutely beautiful Ken, tons of that '70s Benson-esque charm. Very uplifting. I sure wish I could do that.

Curious, do you hold your pick like Benson?
Ray or Fong? Heha I say this in jest-I really got it cranked up with the sub also and the windows all open on the fifth time around while I’m yelling out the window drunkenly to my neighbors this is how I should sound!

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Ray or Fong? Heha I say this in jest-I really got it cranked up with the sub also and the windows all open on the fifth time around while I’m yelling out the window drunkenly to my neighbors this is how I should sound!
Well, if I had to pick between those two ... probably Fong.
I do love "Asleep at the Wheel" though.

Then there's always Ben Fong-Torres ;)

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
OK, a little net search. I have see AATW and owned one of their records.
Benson Fong is a new name for me but maybe I've seen him.

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
OK, a little net search. I have see AATW and owned one of their records.
Benson Fong is a new name for me but maybe I've him.
I love how you always admit to what you don’t know, I think it’s a show of intelligence. And then you go find out which seems like a definite sign of intelligence.

I’m just now getting into the Ip Man saga-I thought it was about some.net guy.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I love how you always admit to what you don’t know, I think it’s a show of intelligence. And then you go find out which seems like a definite sign of intelligence.

Admitting I can't play Benson lines even though I've tried forever. Martino has crept into my playing in micro doses more than George. But those crisp bop lines in 16ths with that almost pushing the beat feel was not natural to me, fortunately blues was. Because of that I turned to blues and jazz chords as my path, and I am amazed when I hear the blaze like Ken can do, or my friend Dave can do. It's in the picking and phrasing.

OK I mentioned Dave, I need to share him with you all, my chess, and for the last few years, my online covid buddy. We'd play chess and listen to music, he could at any time pick up the guitar and start playing with the music. He didn't have to hunt for anything, he was always spot on. Chess wise we were 50/50. We talked a lot during the outbreak.

This is my good bud Dave Zeiher playing with Billy Cobham, George Duke and Les McCann. Man, I wish I could do that. He kills it.

Last edited:

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire

I tell you this, tdpri is great, it's a place where my playing is heard and reacted to. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has similar purposes. This sort of community did not exist on tgp when I hung out there. But the science of music was outstanding there, I read threads in awe. So many well educated and well known folks, even famous. Sometimes I could barely hang, but having great fun barely hanging.

Last edited:

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's