Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 04.20.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Last edited:

clayville

Tele-Meister
Alan: Thanks for picking this one out! Always one of my favorites from the Wayback Machine, an homage of sorts to all the Stones-y things I've internalized over the years.

When I was on a tear making backing tracks for folks to jam over a decade or more ago, I was usually cobbling together GarageBand loops to fit some simple chord progression I'd come up with - about all the capability I have/had... which is what this one is. At the time I was reading Keith Richard's autobiography and there was an anecdote in it about Bobby Keys riding a motorcycle around the south of France with a girl on the back and a "Yard of Hard" up front. So that was the inspiration!

@bigbreak That totally kills! Great slide, great harp, great steel, terrific mix. Thanks for hitting it.

I'm traveling this week, so all I can offer at the moment is my take on it from back then, flogging it as hard as I knew how... with some Nashville tele in the backing at least and a Gibson CS-356 on lead.

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thanks Alan!

I was cutting my hair with clippers this morning and accidentally hit the mole in the neck area, ouch. Wife cleaned and bandaged it, going to have it checked later.

Well, then put guitar gear together and decided to try backing track. It started all right, but quite soon felt something moist dripping behind left ear.. I guess wearing over ear headphones, having a guitar strap pressing downwards and swinging my head with music wasn't the best idea. So realized this will be the only shot today 😅

Note to self: Remember to order new ear pads 😄
Note to self 2: Rushing own playing won't make the backing track go any faster

I cut the end away, because started to rush too much towards the end.

Last edited: