Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 04.06.22

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
If it helps you might want to check out the group Portishead, the song “glory box” I apologize if you already knew that and were looking for some other inspiration.
Thank you! I've heard the name Portishead before but never listened to any of their material. I'll give them a listen.

estreet

Tele-Holic
I'm sick with the dreaded Covid at the moment but I wanted to have a bash at this. 'Dummy' has always been an important album album to me - and I don't live very far from Portishead the place the band came from and were named after. Didn't try to play any of the melodies from the original but I was thinking of Beth Gibbons' phrasing.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's

I was going to wait until I got new powered monitors, but moneys tighter than usual, putting them on the back burner.

We cleaned up and moved the room around and the best thing I did was putting the monitors I have directly in front of me now. I’m sure you all know it and I also knew it but my space didn’t allow for it before- so important having them equally spaced right in front of me.

I just slapped the studio back together and noodled to lower my blood pressure. It's better than clonidine and lisinopril.

Earlier in this thread I recognized it as a Portishead “Glory Boxesque” type of thing, but it also conjures early Journey and Zeppelin and all kinds of different vibes also.

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Here are this week's MidWeek backers.

Have fun and make some great music!

MP3s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TDPRI MidWeek BT 04.06.22_#2:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14415719

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More noodling and having fun I think this is the third one.
I apologize if the Fidelity is really bad I think I used my cheap Android instead of my iPhone to copy from.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

I was going to wait until I got new powered monitors, but moneys tighter than usual, putting them on the back burner.

We cleaned up and moved the room around and the best thing I did was putting the monitors I have directly in front of me now. I’m sure you all know it and I also knew it but my space didn’t allow for it before- so important having them equally spaced right in front of me.

I just slapped the studio back together and noodled to lower my blood pressure. It's better than clonidine and lisinopril.

Earlier in this thread I recognized it as a Portishead “Glory Boxesque” type of thing, but it also conjures early Journey and Zeppelin and all kinds of different vibes also.
That was astounding Lawrence. That track would make a great soundtrack for a (Neo Noir) film - kudos! Catchy title too.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's

More noodling and having fun I think this is the third one.
I apologize if the Fidelity is really bad I think I used my cheap Android instead of my iPhone to copy from.
Another great track Lawrence. Beautiful juxtaposed guitar tones painting intergalactic primordial crys from stellar beings yet unknown, or something like that. Awesome!

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm sick with the dreaded Covid at the moment but I wanted to have a bash at this. 'Dummy' has always been an important album album to me - and I don't live very far from Portishead the place the band came from and were named after. Didn't try to play any of the melodies from the original but I was thinking of Beth Gibbons' phrasing.

Hope you're feeling better and great playing as always!