Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 04.06.22

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Here are this week's MidWeek backers.

Have fun and make some great music!

MP3s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TDPRI MidWeek BT 04.06.22_#2:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14415719

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Great moods! We tore apart my little recording set up and totally redid the room and now I have to reset it all up.

Nothing like hearing Portishead (1st tune que no?) in my local Walmart to make me feel old for a second.
On second thought it just makes me feel good-that album was playing when Jeanette and I first got together, and in rotation that whole weekend, and all these years later she’s here helping me redo my recording space.

I was going to wait until new powered studio monitors came before recording but I think I’ll either do it with headphones or just set up the old stuff for a second. Thanks again for some great tunes, and I’m looking forward to hearing all the different versions.

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Here's my version of #1. mostly with a snotty little Epi LP Jr.; midway switch to Strat with EHX B9 pedal, then back to the Jr. GarageBand, etc. Shortened to 3 minutes. A few fun surprises. Thanks, Alan!

Outtasite… That little Junior has Seniority! The B9 is far from benign… that’s all I got, haha

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's

When I see that the track is by you, I just push “like” before I even listen, then I kick back while you slip n slide effortlessly, like a block of ice through the tune.

From some of your past entries and the great musicianship of the friends you brought , I’m surprised you didn’t fly in Beth Gibbons to do the Vocals… you haven’t lost any weight, haha!

Last edited:

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
I was having some trouble with #1 and #3, kind of out of my wheelhouse. I should pursue them so I can learn more. I settled on #2. Nice tracks @Alan L Cole , thank you.
And if anyone cares, I usually post the recording chain on the Soundcloud page. But relatively unimportant!

If it helps you might want to check out the group Portishead, the song “glory box” I apologize if you already knew that and were looking for some other inspiration.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
My Take on #1:

Very cool you’re getting a tone that is unmistakably you, And I hear you sort of stretching out maybe to some other note choices.

That out of phase Strat tone reminds me of the Ren & Stimpy song! That’s definitely a good thing that song kicked butt. I also noticed it sounded like you had a tone that was teetering on Feedback, are you cranking it up in the studio?
I especially dug note choices about a third of the way in to just short of half way. I have no idea why there’s no number counting, just a red solid line that moves across the screen, makes it impossible to give a exact timestamp.

Last edited:

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
Very cool you’re getting a tone that is unmistakably you, And I hear you sort of stretching out maybe to some other note choices.

That out of phase Strat tone reminds me of the Ren & Stimpy song! That’s definitely a good thing that song kicked butt. I also noticed it sounded like you had a tone that was teetering on Feedback, are you cranking it up in the studio?
I especially dug note choices about a third of the way in to just short of half way. I have no idea why there’s no number counting, just a red solid line that moves across the screen, makes it impossible to give a exact timestamp.
Thanks for the listen and comments Lawrence. Tone is all via my DAW and guitar. I have three sons and we watched Ren & Stimpy back in the day so I'll have to revisit it and have a listen. Thanks again TwoBear!