Midweek Backing Track(s) - Your Choice 01.12.22

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
That's a sweet little rig. I remember when the Groove Tube amp was the talk at the local Zone Music, #1 in northern California. This was where Bill Krinard developed the early Two Rock and K&M amps. What a cool store Zone was.
Zone Music later became Loud and Clear, run and owned by old Zone guys. Smaller with less fat, it's doing well in 2021.

Last edited:

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That's a sweet little rig. I remember when the Groove Tube amp was the talk at the local Zone Music, #1 in northern California. This was where Bill Krinard developed the early Two Rock and K&M amps. What a cool store Zone was.
Zone Music later became Loud and Clear, run and owned by old Zone guys. Smaller with less fat, it's doing well in 2021.
Great to hear that a smaller music store is still doing well. Most of the independent shops in L.A. have gone under.
I was very fortunate in the 90s to have a 'friends and family' deal with GT. I got 3 amps (wholesale), a handful of mics and a ton of tubes (of which I still have a stock of). Great gear that doesn't really get it's due. *Their mics, initially with the GT badge and now labeled as 'Sterling' are outstanding and very reasonably priced. That company is now Sterling Audio and 'I think' is owned by Guitar Center (Bain Capitol).

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Great to hear that a smaller music store is still doing well. Most of the independent shops in L.A. have gone under.
I was very fortunate in the 90s to have a 'friends and family' deal with GT. I got 3 amps (wholesale), a handful of mics and a ton of tubes (of which I still have a stock of). Great gear that doesn't really get it's due. *Their mics, initially with the GT badge and now labeled as 'Sterling' are outstanding and very reasonably priced. That company is now Sterling Audio and 'I think' is owned by Guitar Center (Bain Capitol).
Good tubes are good to stock. What are they?
I may love my Katana, but before the Kat there was tube amps and l loved the tube hunting game. I liked Tung Sol and a Fender Supersonic 22 on the ch 1 Deluxe with the 65 curcuit, that along with my Zendrive2. A poor man's Dumble lol. My Kat can do the same thing in a variety of flavors. Crazy

Last edited:

Mikejazz

Tele-Meister
I gave Stella a shot, it doesn't play as hard as I remember, maybe I'm getting better.
Everyone sounds very good on this pretty hard tune. Thanks Alan for kicking my butt lol.

Stella By Starlight

You got a great melodic way through the chord changes. It seems to me that lead guitar is clipping a bit.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
You got a great melodic way through the chord changes. It seems to me that lead guitar is clipping a bit.
I still had the recording on my recorder so I simply turned it all down, I hope that fixes the clip. Thanks for making it real, I was in denial but I quickly got out because I don't like river water.
Hope the clip is gone.

30 minutes later, yes, I do think the clip has been tamed, thanks for pointing it out Mike. I get by with a little help from my friends.

Maybe I'll do another take.

Stella By Starlight

Last edited:

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
HI Alan,
Hope the family recovers soon, my son had Covid about a couple of weeks, but now he's fine. Damn disiese.
Following the conversation, if you want more backing tracks, I have loads of them, including some dozens of "now you shred" .
I can pack some batches and send by wetransfer, if you provide me an email.
Thanks Miguel, but I have plenty of BTs to offer. Sorry to hear of your and Cliff's families experience with COVID. Feel free though to post BT as you feel inclined though. The more the merrier.